on 3 January 2012
Edit: After having this for about a year, I'd say it was a good buy overall. It hasn't been used all that much, but the Pictionary game in particular still gets put on for family game nights. For the current selling price it's an absolute steal though (even baring in mind that it obviously seems they're not going to be supporting it anymore). I'm buying a spare one, and will probably buy the rest of the games that have been released for it.

---------------

I'm writing this review with the disclaimer that we haven't had it all that long, so will update if it fails to get much use or breaks easily.

However, my first impressions are very good. The bundled software seems pretty educational (if a bit boring for very young children to get too much from), and really helps improve your art skills. My 3 year old loves just scribbling on the whiteboard/chalkboard section and putting loads of animated stamps (which are very cool) everywhere for now. It also seems you can export and print your images, although I haven't tried that yet.

The tablet itself is a nice size, very responsive and seems good quality.

We got the Pictionary game and had a great family night together with it. This is where I see us getting most use out of the udraw. I look forward to seeing what other games are released for it (hopefully the Princess game for the Wii udraw will make the switch to xbox).

That's it for now, I'll try and remember to update the review when we've had more experience of it.
on 16 May 2017
Excellent description
on 3 April 2013
No lleva el pincho y parece mas depurado su uso ( si apoyas la mano en el panel no pinta ); el uso de las pilas parace mas adecuado y quizas vaya un poco mas fino. De todas formas, el concepto esta bien pero no me ha gustado.
on 10 February 2014
Cannot get it or the pictionary that we also bought at the same time to work on our x box
on 29 July 2012
I purchased this almost a month ago after having some spare vouchers to spend. The bundle includes the uDraw tablet and a copy of Instant Artist game. For the price that I paid for it, I am very impressed. The tablet is very well made and should withstand any rough treatment. The only part of it that may need careful handling is the green connector that runs from the pen to the tablet and it seems a little bit flimsy - this is my only gripe with it, hence why only 4 stars. The art lessons that come in the game are actually very good. My kids love it, and I am a bit of a fan also. We have played a couple of the other udraw games also, and the tablet performed rather well with those too.

You will need 3 x AAA batteries when you first get it as these are not included. Synching it to the console is just as easy as synching a regular controller - just push the guide button to turn the tablet on and hit the sync buttons. You do have to remember to push down on the pen when using it to get the most out of it.

Overall, I am very happy with the tablet and the game, especially for the price.
on 1 January 2012
I bought this as a family gift for xmas. The kids love it and it's fun for adults to learn to use too. You can free draw with all sorts of brush's and stamps which is popular with the younger ones (3,5 &6)I have played it and enjoyed learning how to draw. It does take a little getting used too but great fun. I also bought the pictionary game with it and we played as a family, great game :)
55 Comments| 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 March 2017
Fantastic item. Highly recommended seller.
on 24 November 2011
I bought this as a Christmas gift for my daughters (aged between 4 and 8). I wasn't expecting a Wacom like tablet, but I also wasn't expecting the very cheap tablet included in uDraw. But the hardware is sufficient for kids and it seems robust enough to handle any kid's punishment. My main gripe is the software. THQ prominently advertises the touch capability of the tablet, but it's badly implemented in software, so that when you're drawing with the pen and you rest your hand in the touch area (which is really common), if you lift up the pen slightly but keep the hand resting in the touch area, the drawing area starts to pan and zoom randomly. An adult can deal with this, by not EVER lifting the pen or by not resting the hand in the touch area (hard to do, and it feels awkward), but try to teach that to a kid without him/her getting frustrated...

So, pros and cons:

Pros:
- Nice art lessons for beginners. I actually learned a lot.
- Pen is physically attached to tablet (if you're a parent you'll understand this is a pro :) )

Cons:

- Cheap cheap tablet:
- No pressure controls at all (when the pen is pushed down it draws, when it isn't it doesn't and the software tracks the point position)
- Slippery surface. Drawing a circle with it is a real challenge
- Laggy. You have to draw really slowly to get any decent results. Trying to avoid the laggyness by drawing short strokes is also difficult, since there's no way to deactivate the touch area, and if you lift up the pen and your hand is in the touch area, there's random panning and zooming

- Software doesn't fully hide the hardware's limitations:
- There's no option to deactivate the touch control
- The tablet doesn't have pressure control, but the software itself also doesn't simulate this, since if you're drawing in one continuous stroke and pass over the same line over and over again, the line doesn't get any darker

If I could return it without much hassle I would. As it is, my guess is that my kids will use it for Christmas night and than forget about it. I was hoping to use it for Pictionary, but as it is it's better to use a pencil and paper, even for doodles. I sent an email to Pipeworks (the game's developers) pointing out these issues. If they deal with them I'll update this review.
77 Comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 June 2013
This is a really simple little bit of kit which comes with some VERY simple drawing software. The kids are hooked on it though and it keeps the youngest entertained for hours. Bargain entertainment.
on 9 November 2012
I just bought this for my 3year old and I have to say I'm impressed and slightly miffed I didn't consider it before and support it when the developer had it released.

It's obviously not going to survive or be supported further in this generation due to the lack of sales, but from my point of view I'm just happy to have picked it up at such a cheap price. The tablet pad for drawing on is excellent quality, the pen works great on it. Obviously you can't draw with quite the accuracy you would do on a piece of paper with your pencils/pens/paints, but it is very good for what it tries to do.

It's highly suitable for young kids who like to draw and it has stopped mine from having 50 pieces of paper lying around the floor and pen marks all over her hands and my floor/tables! I'm also getting her an Innotab soon so expect that may take over from this, but to be honest I secretly enjoy playing on it too and may even buy the Pictionary Game soon.

This is MORE than worth a tenner, take a punt if you have youngsters.