• Customer reviews

TOP 100 REVIEWERon 8 January 2016
A couple of months ago, I started to produce 4K videos on my YouTube channel. My Macbook Pro 13" 2013 wasn't up to the task, so I had to buy a brand new Macbook Pro 15.4" 2015. It worked like a charm.

I was totally satisfied with the mCover hard case (transparent) which had barely aged in the last 2 years. I still did some research on Amazon, only to stick with mCover once again. This time around, I decided to buy the red version. I have to admit that I was a little bit concerned that the red colour would look a bit pink or orange: I'm delighted to confirm that it's a glorious red which looks really good.

Other than that, the case is fairly easy to install, it fits the Macbook Pro perfectly and it's as well-made as ever with the foldable feet and the numerous open slots on the bottom to facilitate heat dissipation which is even more important with this machine than the Macbook Pro 13".

I confirm that unlike some of my fellow Amazon reviewers, I didn't have any problem with fingerprints. Not sure if the red version helps.

I bought the mCover hard case for £13.99: what more could you ask for at that price? This is a superb buy.

TIPS
1. when installing the top part of the case, start by securing the top of the screen with the two 'dents' close to the center (as showed on my photos), then the top corners, then the dents on the side...
2. you might not be able to close your Macbook Pro properly if you are using a 3D USB flash drive like the Stormtrooper USB key on my picture

PS: the squirrel protecting the Apple logo is the hysterical 'Scrat' character from Ice Age. My wife bought this sticker on eBay for my birthday. :-D

-I hope you will find my review helpful-
review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image review image
on 19 December 2011
Cost me £27 on Amazon so when you read this make your own mind up if that is good or bad value depending on what the price is at the time you buy. Wasn't sure if the item would fit my model of the 13 inch MacBook Unibody, but it did fit a treat and made my mac look very smart. All the cut outs in the right places for peripheral devices etc and loved the little legs on the bottom of the cover to lift the mc up to stop over heating and making it easier on the typing... All in all very satisfied.
on 11 August 2013
I don't usually leave reviews however I just felt that I should warn people that though this case looks great and has protected half my laptop it has scratched the entire edge of my machine. I bought the case at the same time as my Mac, however after having both a few months I noticed a small scratch on the edge. After further inspection I realised that there were in fact about twenty plus scratches and little nicks. So rather than protecting my Mac, it has cosmetically damaged it. What makes matters worse was that I was advised towards this product by an apple employee as a cheaper alternative.

The case's colour is great, as is the top piece. However the base has left it damaged and now I have to have a case to hide all the marks caused by the product. Therefore I have been left both disappointed and saddened as my new Mac is now severely scratched. I will certainly not be buying any more mCover products.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 April 2014
Let's face it - a Mac doesn't come cheap, so a few extra pounds to keep it clean and scratch-free isn't a bad investment.
I chose this case after reading the other positive reviews.

Delivery - it arrived by standard post, extremely well packaged, especially for such a thin, light object. My neighbour took it in for me, and when handing it over, described it as "... a big box of nothing for you".

Fitting - no fitting instructions, but easy enough to figure out - 2 solid plastic sheets which clip carefully into place.

Usage - once fitted, it is an unobtrusive and protective shell, the perfect combination. The cover remains solidly in place - no matter how much I open or close the Mac, it doesn't budge, it really is a second skin. With the cover fitted, I can open the Mac to around 135 degrees, and I can close it fully.
The vents on the underside appear to be doing their job - I haven't noticed any overheating, or any heating at all, for that matter.
All ports are accessible without any problems.
I also like added bonus of the the flip-up feet, which put the keyboard at a comfortable angle for typing.

To sum up, I am very pleased with it - a good quality product.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 16 November 2014
The third one I've bought - this was for my father, who saw the one on my Mac and asked me to get one for him.
All right, he didn't exactly "see" it - I pointed it out, because he hadn't noticed that mine was fitted with a clear cover, but he had been asking whether there was anything available to protect his new shiny Mac.

He has been using it for 2 weeks now, and as I expected (he's a little more "casual" with his stuff than I am), it is scratched in several places and covered in mucky fingerprints. No matter, the cover is doing its job, and it can be replaced as and when - it's a lot cheaper than the alternative of replacing the actual Mac casing.
on 15 January 2017
I have had this for about 4 years now. It is a good case. It does the job. I dropped my Mac once from a piano. I had a speaker connected to it that was moving because of the vibrations. My Mac followed. It fell on the floor. Mac was not responding for a few minutes and I thought it was dead. However, a few minutes later it turned itself back on and was working normally. I don't know if I owe it to the case, but I should give it the credit. It protected my laptop. I would recommend.
on 20 April 2017
They have kept my MacBook nicely intact so far. Without them my Mac would have had scratches, dirt and grease all over. very practically with the stand also. I like it and would recommend to anyone wanting to preserve the integrity of their MacBook
on 23 August 2014
I bought this as a previous owner of a Speck case for my MacBook Pro.

I prefer this one, it seems more robust and has a lovely frosted top that adds a great texture to the surface. It is this texture that will make the beauty of the machine more resilient to scratching.

My personal jury is out on the fold out legs. They are certainly strong enough, I just don't use them and am unlikely to. However, if you have a need to tilt the MacBook you may find these of use.
on 27 May 2013
This case is slim fitting, can hardly tell it's on my MacBook Pro with retina. It does add a little thickness to the base due to the little flip out feet, but it is minimal and prefer having the feet and it puts the keyboard at a comfortable angle. It protects my MacBooks from any potential scratches or marks and protects while I carry it around on my commute to and from work (for longer haul journeys or journeys where i expect my bag to take a few knocks I would still recommend using a sleeve).

I would definitely recommend.
on 10 April 2017
Perfect fit and looks great. After a couple of years some of the bits that run alongside the USB/charge ports have snapped off but this is probably due to my mishandling.