on 16 January 2013
After a few occasions recently when driving after dark on the unlit roads near where I live, occasions when I've not noticed dark clothed pedestrians soon enough for my tastes, I decided to improve my visibility when I'm on foot - replacing my previous black Thinsulate beanie with this this Hi Vis one.

I'd give the hat 4/5 for visibility, but the hat also has to work as a hat. The sides of my head are left cold in autumnal conditions when there's a breeze blowing, and flippin' cold when it's proper wintry, rendering this hat pretty much useless on its own. I don't see why the manufacturers would think that insulation is only needed in the topmost section of a beanie - this hat needs the same extent of insulation all over.

Solution: Hi Vis beanie worn over my original (warm) black beanie. This is okay now that temperatures have really dropped, but will be a bit half-arsed once they warm up a little.
11 people found this helpful
on 23 April 2012
Good hat, nice bright colour (I wear it when cycling) however it is a bit on the small side. Mind you, I've got a big head. Nice and snug too, thinsulate is only in the top of the hat however, not the whole thing but it's enough the keep the bald spot warm.

Cheers.
11 people found this helpful
|11 Comment|Report abuse
on 1 November 2015
I like this product very much. Very visible, coupled with a high vis jacket it should be ideal for winter walks so that drivers of 4x4s and Audis can actually see a walker . Also seems well insulated for trips to the rugby in January or February.
Service good from supplier
on 27 November 2014
I could have done with a larger size , but unrolled it fits over my ears and leaves an air-space on the top which is supposed to be insulating against the cold.Now it's been used daily since it arrived it's expanded slightly so it's a better fit and every bit as warm as I expected from Thinsulate products.
on 25 October 2017
Quality you'd expect from Thinsulate, so no problem there. Nice felt inner and really bright! Perfect.
on 3 January 2017
This product is exactly as expected.
Perfect if like us you live in the country and have to walk on unlit roads.
Very HiViz.
on 6 March 2015
It's quite tight on my normal-sized head but not uncomfortably tight. That said, I did hear a small rip a few weeks back so I may have made it slightly bigger. It's still in one piece though and I don't go for a run without it on a cold night which, being in England, is every night.
on 20 August 2017
Very bright, perfect fit and very cosy. Quite thick.
on 31 October 2016
A good comfortable hat ..and nice and warm
on 8 November 2013
have bought this for my nieces Christmas Present - she cycles a lot and I bought a high vis jacket as well - hopefully this will keep her both safe and warm. V good quality for the price.