on 2 March 2012
This little device works perfectly. In fact I'm using it right now to write this whilst at work in my car.
It fits perfectly in my Archos G9 80. Just remember to switch it on in the menu section.
The device is not locked to any network, but did come with a Vodafone sim card, which I never used.
I'm using it with a Three Network sim card, but it works just as well with my Orange sim card.
on 8 January 2012
This is the only dongle that will work with the Archos tablet, but works extremely well at a fast rate with any laptop, netbook or other device. Since it is sim free, it will work with any network and I have no problem in recommending it.
on 17 April 2012
Having purchased the Archos 8.0 G9 need to get a method of getting online so decided to go for this item. Once again like with the tablet it exceeded expectations an very good purchase does the job well and integrates with the tablet so well. Do not bother making any other type of purchase to go online. I appreciate it is a little more than a phone dongle but well worth the extra money.
on 25 January 2012
Excellant , elegant piece of kit.
Have used it with Archos 80 G9 and a Toshiba laptop.

Withe 80 G9 it was a matter of switching on the 3G in settings, removing two covers from the dongle, inserting the simm, inserting the dongle in the neat usb port on the rear and gave it a minute or two and was connected to 3G network. Quite good coverage at my location so works well.

Inserting the dongle into usb port on my laptop brings up a window with the oportunity to install the software rquired. It ia a straight forward sequence to follow. It installs a desktop icon frm which one can use the various items available, such as email etc. It even has a meter to measure usage.

Overall a satisfying experience.
on 28 August 2012
The Archos 3g stick is very sleek, it was easy to connect the sim card. It has two sliding compartments, one is to actually to be inserted into the back of the Archos tablet, the second is for the sim card. This is the compartment I used. You use it just as you would an ordinary dongle. It uses a usb connection. The drivers are automatically downloaded which makes this so easy to use. I use this for my Arnova 9 g2 tablet and it connected straight away. I have also used it for the computer just to try it out, and it also works great. I havent found a way to disconnect like you usually do via safely remove hardware button, so just pull it out, doesnt seem to harm it in any way at all. Great for when you are out and about and without a wifi signal. The price on amazon is really good for this product. This usb dongle will work with any 3g sim card which is great to know if you have to change networks.
on 30 January 2012
As said before, this is great, it not only works with the tablet, fitting smoothly into the back, but it also is very quick and sim free.

It worked straight away with my mac, loading all the software up.

I highly recommend as you can share your same sim, without having to tether...
on 2 March 2015
Worked perfectly in giving me 3G access on my Archos 9 G80. Fitted seamlessly into the body. Unfortunately, the USB/charging socket on the tablet developed a fault (also reported by others) and became unusable. It wasn't worth the £78 quoted to repair it. The USB stick outlived it.
on 3 May 2012
Bought this for my Archos 101 G9 as it is designed to fit into the player, does exactly what it is supposed to do and also works fine on my PC and Laptop. With the tmobile broadband sim it does almost everything I want except access the BBC iplayer as it will not work over 3G. Useful for any mobile device but perfect for the Archos.
on 25 February 2016
I cannot believe some donuts reviewing this item . One say's "cannot get the tablet to work as they don't have a SIM card " .This gadget is designed to fit neatly into the back of a Archos101 G9 tablet , thus enabling the tablet to be used for internet access where there is no wi-fi signal . It works on the same principle as a mobile phone , but for data . So ,if buying the dongle to use as it is intended ,please make sure you put a data SIM card into the device .
on 22 April 2012
Excellent product, turns your tablet 3G for less than £40. Works just as well with my netbook.

A Micro SD card slot would have been useful.

Delivery from Germany in 2 days excellent, although the free Vodaphone Sim card would not work, but no loss really.

See one answered question