Customer reviews

on 1 May 2014
For me this was a good read but not a brilliant one, it kept me entertained although I found it too long, I wish it had been shorter and punchier.I also didn't really like the main character although I liked the detective and Sarahs n'bour.I also guessed who the baddie was quite early in the book I would have enjoyed it more if it hadn't been so strung out.Not a bad book, I'd prob give it three and a half stars if I could and wouldn't put anyone else off reading it.
Marvellous mystery/suspense with a bit of romance thrown in for good measure. Really enjoyed this and you get drawn in to all the characters too, could not put it down, even better it was free, although it is worth paying for. Not read this author before but I have now got the rest of the Pine Hills Police series on my wish list.

Would certainly recommend, well done Terry.
on 28 August 2017
Not my usual type of book,must have bought it in error,but not bad, too much romance for my liking. Pretty Good.
on 6 April 2017
enjoyed good read
on 15 March 2014
decent plot, good characters and well written. So many of the free books are a waste of time. Not this one, I'm glad to say. While not overly complex, I do want to see what's next with the characters ....and that makes it a good light read.
on 27 August 2014
Just could not put this book down will read more by this author & I have recommended it to my friends. Well done!
on 6 April 2014
An enjoyable read. I liked how the character detective Randy Detweiller developed, showing his vulnerability. A good story with romantic interest.
on 9 May 2012
FINDING SARAH (PINE HILLS POLICE) is the first book in the Pine Hills Police trilogy.

Meet 28 year old Sarah Tucker, owner of a gift shop, and widow. Her husband died in an accident, however the police and insurance claimed it was suicide. Therefore, Sarah never received any life insurance and is still struggling to make ends meet. A year later, she's robbed at gun point at her store. Detective Randy Detweiler is assigned to her case, as the perpetrator resembles an old woman known as Gertie who has been holding up other stores.

But things are not as they appear. Her ex-sister-in-law owns 20% of the store and wants Sarah to sell it. An old friend of Sarah, Christopher, is wealthy and wants to buy into the store and be partners. Things are happening in Sarah's life that are just not right.

Sarah and Randy spend a lot of time investigating events and start having feelings for each other. But just when things start to heat up between them, Sarah is kidnapped. The author created a very good story and added likable characters. The book is captivating, gripping at times and packed with suspense and romance. A great mix for a good read. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did. I also have the next two books in this series.
on 30 March 2014
This is a detective story about the trials and tribulations of a young widow who owns a shop, which is in some trouble. Her husband committed suicide (possibly) and she undergoes a series of setbacks to her business whilst forming a relationship with a detective investigating a robbery and some seemingly related happenings. Then things really get hairy, but to discover how, you'll have to read this excellent book.

As you may have surmised from the above paragraph, there's a bit going on in this story. It's a detective story, a love story, a mystery and a thriller. Fairly early on you wonder if you've guessed the identity of the bad guy but you really don't know until half way through the book, when the mystery style turns into a thriller style. That threw me off balance for a short time, but good continuity and an excellent writing style soon has you back on track and not wanting to stop reading.

It's a good read. Certainly worth the money.
on 10 November 2014
Deleted this at 12%. The sentences were randomly laid out and seemingly a conversation some pages back suddenly continued again !! Really baffling and too irritating to continue.
On page 10 she suddenly said "I'm managing" apropos of nothing being discussed and on page 30 (where I gave up) she suddenly says "I'm sure it will be quiet again tomorrow" which again belonged to a conversation some pages prior to when it was used here !!
Then the police guy was asking some really peculiar questions about a friend of hers-about his college days !! She'd been held up and robbed and not by him so there was no reason for him to have asked stuff about him when he was a teenager !! Most bizarre...and he was always clicking his pen and that got very aggravating, too.
I was pleased that she spells pore correctly-that's rare in an e-book. A very, very strange book, though.