on 12 August 2016
I have owned these since 2012 and they still work flawlessly. These are my daily headphones that I wear while walking around town as they are not totally sealed in the ears and still enable me to be aware of what is going around me, such as traffic. This may be a downside for some, as well as letting in sound, they also leak sound at higher volumes. The build quality has been brilliant. There is little difference in their appearance from when they were new. The cable looks more worn and the black dial marks have rubbed off. The sound is above average for the price range, with emphasis on midrange. They are not bass heavy.
Update: These are still going five years after I bought them. It's a shame they stopped making them.
on 5 July 2017
😍
on 19 October 2014
Awesome customer service and product!
on 5 January 2015
First rate headphones
on 6 September 2015
Love these headphones, they are the most I have ever paid for a pair and I am not disappointed. The sound is excellent, the design is very good and while they are not noise cancelling (not a bad thing when these are used walking around) they offer a good sound range and crystal clear quality.
on 29 May 2017
These are great sounding earphones. From a decent level of bass all the way across to sharp treble, they sound amazing, provided they stay in your ear.

The bad?
Clearly, I'm biologically challenge, because the ones in my left ear stay in no problem, but the one in my left ear refuses to. Marshall provides different size options of those little rubber "stay in" nubs (but they are easy to lose, by the way), and those don't help much. That's the bad. Oh, wait, the cord: that gets wrinkled over use rather quickly, and "breaks" – and I've had to tape it in to keep the fabric from exposing what lies inside - which is what counts. The fabric cord is a bit of a flaw. Compare that to some flat or thick rubberised cords out there and the Marshall Minor fails there.

The good?
They really do sound good. Much better that most in-ear, or even over-ear earphones I have used/tried. Mind you: the operating word is "earphones" and not "headphones" or big cans.

I bought these in Hong Kong on a holiday, when they were really hot and must get. Would I get these again? No. But do I regret them? No.
on 8 October 2014
I have "weird" ears, very large on the outside, but tiny ear canals. For this reason, I have never been able to find fitting earphones, even the standard apple ones would always fall out as soon as I'd move my head. Headphones over my ears never worked out either: My big ears would never completely fit underneath and the tight squeeze of the headphones would stop the blood flow in the parts of my ears that were peeking out, causing unbearable pain after 15 minutes. The Marshall minors are the first earphones that just fit perfectly. Their smallest bud fits my tiny ear canals and their rather big (for earphones) shape is the first one that actually fills out my large outer ear and therefore sits snuggly and securely. I can even run with them, they won't fall out.

The sound is wonderful! They are not noise cancelling, which I welcomed, as I use them for my commute and like to be aware of my surroundings when in public. However, despite the fact that they are not noise cancelling, they are still noise reducing. I never have to crank up the volume, even on a loud bus. With other headphones I used to max out the volume, even in quiet settings, so this is a welcome change. The sound is nice and full, no cracking.

I love how the cable is coated with textile. This prevents the most annoying tangles and staining. Also it feels nicer in your hands than the normal rubber.

One downside though, is a fault with the big round golden metal on the backs. So far I've had two pairs of Marshall minors, who both lost one of the golden metal discs within a few weeks. It's glued on (you can see the residue of the hard glue), but it seems that under certain conditions this glue becomes weak and causes the golden metal discs to fall out. Both pairs were replaced under warranty, but it seems like this is a reoccurring flaw.

Anyway, I'm so happy with their fit, I'll keep buying them regardless. If you, however, have a bigger selection of models that fit your ear shape, I'd recommend to go with a sturdier brand.
on 12 August 2015
The most painful pair of earphones I've ever had.

I love Marshall, I have a pair of Majors which were great sounding, but I had to stop using them as they were painful to wear also. So I got these thinking in ear would help (due to wearing glasses, headphones usually pinch my ear against my glasses).

The way they clip inside your ear is great, the small interchangeable nubs are very comfortable and easy to swap out. Some people even need to use one size different on one ear due to non symmetrical ears.

The problem is with the lower half of the earphone. Where the speakers are located the rubberised plastic is just too hard. All along the bottom of the earphone is a solid plastic which feels very premium, but it so hard it leaves my ears red raw.

When they're in they're pretty comfortable, but when you start moving them or taking them out of your ear the incredible pain these things leave in my ears is horrible. My ears are left visibly red, sore and with a horrible sharp pain in them after wearing these for longer than a few minutes.

Sound wise they're great, a little tinny at times & could do with a tad more bass. Materials are top quality and they feel premium. But they should have used a more malleable material for the main section of the earphone.
on 16 December 2013
I love these headphones so much I bought the Pitch Black & the Black & Gold. They are great. Sadly the only design flaw is the shirt clip which has broken on both. I sent an email to Marshall and to be fair they posted a replacement but that broke too. So in 2 months thats now 3 clips broke. Marshall, you have a great product but your clips have a design fault! :(
on 9 November 2015
The sound quality that you get from the Marshall Minor Headphones is excellent (obviously not matching up to higher end headphones) but at this price point I don't know if you could find a better sound. The fit, at first seems rather uncomfortable; however, providing you have the right size ear pads fitted and break them in a little they are easily the most comfortable earphones I have ever used. The braided wire is the only way headphones should be made! These are my first pair with this and I don't think I could ever go back, they feel so much more durable.

These headphones are pretty much the perfect headphones except the left headphone began to crackle and eventually stop working totally! They do have a one year warranty on these and Amazon replaced them amazingly quick!

5* for Amazon replacing the 4* Marshall Headphones.