on 29 May 2015
This is the story of the third of the men in the club that owns the fabulous stud horse. Our flawed hero is utterly in love with our deaf heroine but considers himself unworthy of her. He has achieved his position in society by underhand means and does not want to sully her with the connection. She, however, is just as much in love with him and will not let him sacrifice them both to his conscience. A love story and a murder mystery too. Great combination.
on 7 August 2012
I can't understand why this book has been given such mediocre reviews so I write this review to give this book the deserved credit it is due!!!
Firstly I have read every single book of Tessa Dare's right from the start with her very first novel and have since, been hooked! There have been a couple of books in her inventory that have not ticked all the box's for me but still good reads. Now this novel has to be my all time favorite of this authors to date! This story is more emotionally sensitive in regards to the hero and heroine. I think the hero has been misunderstood! The main reason he is the way he is because he thinks he is not worthy of the heroine so he leads a mental battle of what his heart wants and what is the right thing to do as he feels he can never give the heroine a fraction of her true worth! There are some real tender and such loving moments in this book I always find myself crying no matter how many times I read this(I have read it more times than I can remember)always left with a lump in my throat!!! It is not the usual chase of a regency novel as both characters have loved each other for years and for they own reasons can't seem to own to it until much later. If you want to read a book charged with sensitivity,love,emotion and acceptance then this book is for you you won't be disappointed. I have this in book in paperback and kindle format as I LOVED LOVED LOVED IT!!!!!!!!!!
on 15 October 2013
This was my first Tessa Dare book. It was a cracking story, very original and I couldn't wait to find out what was happening next. I loved the heroine and the hero was fantastic. He had flaws and weaknesses but this made him real compared to heros in other romance books. Brilliant writing and I think I am a little bit in love with the hero now... You must get this book!
on 31 October 2012
Enjoyed this book immensely. As always Tessa Dare always manages to deliver. The book was well written and very entertaining. Very hard to put down once you get started. I look forward to reading more books by this author.
on 5 July 2012
i enjoyed this read nice enough both h and h were endearing and sexy but i felt the plot overshadowed the romance and i didnt appreciate the hero being soooooo tortured all the time it was quite stressful and a bit of a mood killer i kept on hoping throughout the book as was the heroine that he would chill just a little i did enjoy it but it was tough to get to the end also the loved each other from the start which left little intrigue
on 18 May 2013
This book holds mixed feelings for me it was a great read but I am sorry that I have finally finished them. I was so happy to these two characters settled and happy. I have worried about them since the first book. fantastically written love scenes you could almost be experiencing them youself.
on 14 February 2013
I found all three books were really good reads. I read a lot of regency books, but these stood out for me.
on 20 November 2012
i really enjoyed this book, if you have read the first two, then this is a must!
really saucy book!
on 8 November 2013
Good book, nice read but something is lacking, it hasnt got what the other two books had.
Good to finnish the plot though!! Nice to read and end the trilogy.
on 25 June 2013
Excellent page turner thoroughly enjoyed the story and it's an excellent series of books can be read as a stand alone book but then you're hooked