on 4 February 2012
This is a great product for keeping a check on the condition of your battery and alternator, simple to use
and seems accurate enough, Plug into your cigarette lighter socket, turn ignition on to see state of your battery at rest, 3 green lights its fine, other green lights should come on when you start engine to show that alternator is working. Red condition obviously shows a problem. and there's an amber light to show overcharging condition. very pleased Thanks..
on 24 June 2017
Could never get to work reliably.
on 17 April 2012
What a genius little gadget this is - no faffing around under your bonnet, just stick it in your lighter socket and turn the key enough to get the power on. Simple indicators: red light = bad, 1-4 green lights = good, amber light = overcharged. Not exactly one of the fancy things the AA will turn up and assess your battery with, but plenty to make informed judgements about leaving your car to stand a week in the cold.

Only down side: can't use 1st or reverse gear while this gizmo is in place, so can't drive around with it (but that'll be dependant on your car's internal arrangement).
on 19 February 2013
If you want to check your battery quickly without getting physically to it and without using expensive equipment then this little gadget does just that.
At this price I believe it is good value for money.
on 6 February 2013
Gives me approximate Car Battery Voltage & Charging ability of my vehicle.
Cheap & simple to use. Pleased with this little gem.
on 21 January 2014
Because I have had 4 flat batteries, and had to call out the AA 3 times in the last 3 months, I needed a battery monitor so this product seemed the ideal choice. It is great as a simple battery monitor showing up to 4 LEDs indicating the battery condition. However when testing in my Ford Galaxy 1.6 Ecoboost it indicates an overcharging problem. As the vehicle is within warranty I contacted my local Ford dealer who tested the alternator and declared that there was no problem with the alternator or charge regulator. The technician indicated that the 'smart' technology in the electronics might be the reason for the overcharging indication. So I am still in the dark as to what caused the flat batteries, despite a new battery being fitted.
on 11 February 2013
Proved to be accurate for my needs, however, you still may need to get proffessional advise as to any possoble fault.
on 22 January 2013
Works well. Used it on 3 cars without any problems, can't say any more really. Good good good good good
on 7 November 2013
I had to get this as my battery light was coming on & although the garage assured me it was charging I just didn't have confidence in driving the car until I got this item & it confirms everything is charging.
on 8 August 2012
I like this little toy. It shows the battery life left and if it is recharging. Cant help but take it out with me and slip it into anyones cig hole who gives me a lift to check how good their battery is.
Good idea to have if the car sits around still for a long time and you dont want the battery too low which sets the car alarm off waking up the neighbours at 1am.