Customer reviews

on 20 March 2018
10/10
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 25 March 2013
This band are in my life to stay, and if you like them as much as I do you HAVE TO have this. Great band footage, awesome sound, and their own unique visuals which are awesome.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 16 November 2011
I saw this tour in Wolverhampton, and was amused by all the stunned faces leaving the gig! after having their minds totally destroyed by what can only be described as a full scale sonic attack!!! Don't let it ever be said that quiet is the new loud! Cos listening to people walking into the gig, they were expecting twee Icelandic acoustic! Oh No!
The CD's in this set are a fantastic souvenir of this truly mindblowing set! The 5.1 mix on blu-ray and DVD puts you at the sound desk at the gig, brilliant! The only minor let down is the splitting up of the gig and the addition of the interview and early video clips. A minor let down but fantastic souvenir!!
on 12 December 2011
If you are a Sigur Rós fan, you won't be disappointed because this stuff is beautifull! If you don't, than try it. Shut out the lights, focus on your soul and listen. Amazing material, well well well done Sigur Rós.
on 14 December 2011
I hate to say this but I'm disappointed. Sigur Ros are the type of band who deserve to get all the superlatives thrown at them as they want. They are probably one of the greatest bands in the world and certainly one of my favourites.

Unfortunately this film just doesn't portray them as they deserve to be. Its presentation sounded appealing (lots of black and white grainy footage from many different angles) but prevents you from getting involved in the performance. It's hugely self-indulgent; I can see what the film makers are trying to do but Sigur Ros' music should be the star of this film.

Interestingly, if you watch the bonus videos they've not been fannied about with as much (yes, that is a technical term) and it's much nicer to watch. However, they've not mastered these into DTS Master Audio which is a shame.

The double CD is a great bonus and this is a great value package but the film (which in fairness is what you're buying) is a little bit of a let down. Sometimes I felt the drums weren't recorded/mastered well enough as they lack a bit of punch.

My advice would be to just watch 'Heima' which includes lots of intimate 'session' performances, great interviews and the odd live performance. It's the sort of film that makes you want to move to Iceland and take up the flugel horn.

I was perhaps looking forward to this a bit too much so there's always the expectation factor but the visuals turned me off. Still gets a good rating as the music is great and you get a lot for your money.
on 29 October 2011
Saw an early screening of the DVD in Edinburgh. The video is stunningly good. Artisticly shot largely in black and white with flickering images and strange camera angles. This is Sigur Ros at their very best as a loud rock band. Festival is amazing and the finale of Popplagid is a stunning crescendo of noise and light. Thoroughly recommended.
on 10 November 2011
I found this film and album absolutely epic. One of the most enjoyable, moving, creative and spectacular showings I've seen on screen yet. I saw this tour in person and it was completely a new experience seeing it on the big screen. The idea of of old footage mixed with new footage worked so well. I sat with goosebumps throughout, tears dripped from my eyes, a smile was present on my face and my soul was fulfilled with this amazing sound and feeling that Sigur Rós - Inni, left me with.