Customer reviews

on 30 September 2011
Ian's book is a down to earth, easily to read and understand tool to help Christians hear God more effectively. He uses anecdotes and narrative to get his message across rather than seek to bring exegesis to the biblical texts itself. Nevertheless its full of Godly challenge and advice for those who want to take this subject seriously and are willing to take steps of faith within the safety net and boundaries of Scriptural truth. Ian's honesty and openness are a help to all of us who get things wrong sometimes! I know him well as a person and am really pleased he's published his values on this subject as they should be a real help to many.

Jonathan Dunning
on 26 October 2011
I always wondered how you get into this kind of thing and was it genuine? Ian's book is full of stories and useful tips. Well worth the read
on 8 November 2012
Perfect! This guy is rooted in reality, working in a secular environment to fund his ministry. This short book is readable for the ordinary person, and understandable for all those like myself who are not rocket scientists!
on 15 March 2013
I felt Blessed in reading this book because I am a Christian and attend regular Pray meetings at my Church. I have never prayed aloud as I fear of making a mistake or saying the wrong thing. This book has encouraged me to pray aloud. I would recommend this book for Christian and non Christian alike to read, as it has really good pointers for Praying for others. Excellent book. Thank you Ian Banner.
on 5 February 2013
Have bought this book as Title is very apt to our current situation we are living in. Found it to be a very easy read and excellent guide for further studies and awareness in how to listen to God. I used it as a study guide and written my own notes which gave me plenty of time to ponder and pray. I would recomend this book to anyone who earnestly is seeking to hear God's voice and would be suitable for studies within a small group setting as it certainly provokes questions and discussions but most of all help in how to pray and encourage one another.

Well done Ian for writing such a wonderful book not being shy of using your own experiences to descripe failures and successes.
God bless you in your Ministry and keep writing.

Stefan
on 10 October 2011
this book is the best i have read for a very long time.
and i know i will read it again.
after reading it ,i felt really blessed and encouraged in my walk with christ.
Ian links what he says well with biblical texts ,
and brings it alive with sharing what he has seen and heard in his ministry,
god is really using him .
on 22 March 2013
Really enjoyable book, I found reading this book was really encouraging. This book is worth reading, I fully enjoyed reading it.
on 13 January 2013
This is essential reading for those involved with pastoral or prayer ministry in their church. It's guidelines will set you on the right path in your spiritual growth and for encouraging others in Christ.
on 23 March 2014
this book is written in understandable language Its good to hear from the author, his history etc. by prayer I,m learning to listen to God I set aside time in the mornning and hope to hear from the LORD.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 26 June 2016
Fab, easy to read book on practical steps to grow your relationship with God and hear him!! Love how it breaks down into easy chapters different areas and answer common questions on this topic!!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse