Customer reviews

Colour: White|Change

on 10 May 2016
This is my 3rd slow cooker and I love it. I bought this small one for dishes such as porridge, cakes and baked potatoes. Slow cooker meals work best when the slow cooker is approx 80% full, so sometimes you need a smaller pot for best results. I must say this is ideal for overnight porridge. You really don't want to put a small portion in a large slow cooker as it will be ruined, dried out and or burnt; but in this smaller pot, it turns out perfect. Thumbs up from me!
on 19 February 2013
I like the slow cooker very much ,, my only negative comment is ,, I wish there was a light to show when cooker on

Yes I would recommend it to others .

also I think 2.4 ltr is good size for small families
on 18 June 2015
Absolutely love this, I've wanted one for a while as I remember my Mam used to use one at home when all of us kids were at school all day and our parents were at work, we used to come home to amazing stews, curries and all kinds!

I purchased one this size as I currently live alone and it's awesome! It's not so small as you're only cooking for one but it's not so big as you're cooking for a full family, with this I get to do enough so that I can have a meal and still freeze a portion or two for another meal at a later date, which is absolutely fabulous when it comes to saving time and effort.

I've tried an array of different recipes in it so far and all have came up trumps, the one thing I would say is that with any slow cooker you may have to have some corn flour handy to thicken any sauces after they've stewed for up to 8 hours, however I suppose this could be dependant on how much or the type of liquid you use in the first place.

Now that I have this I don't know what I did without it, not only does it save me time and effort as I've mentioned, but it's also opened up the chance to cook a variety of dishes that I previously wouldn't have bothered with!
on 24 July 2016
My second crock pot, slightlysmaller than my first but ideal for cooking a meal for two people. The only issue I have is that it could do with a light that highlights what setting you are on. This would help ladies of a certain age (me) whose reading eye sight is getting worse by the day!
on 3 March 2017
Amazing utensil for thise who find a cooker/oven difficult to use excellently cooked stews soups meats always nice and tender and just the right size for 1 or 2 people maybe 3 if small portions definitely recommend this crock pot i bought for my disabled parent whos independant but finds an oven tricky to use loves this pot very happy Amazon customers
on 15 May 2017
Have only used it once so far but it's great for a three person meal - if it's something like a curry it does do enough for too large portions and then too small portions for next days lunch - or excellent size for three decent portions. I haven't made stew in it and not sure yet if I prefer a bigger one for stew - however I did own a bigger one and was great but I think this cooks more evenly for being more full. For what I want it for now - it's fantastic and it's a good compact shape for storage. Also was worried the pot wouldn't be as heavy as my old one - it's not but is still heavy enough to feel strong without being overly heavy if that is an issue to you. Great smaller slow cooker and not too tiny.
on 14 March 2016
Had high hopes, but... Cooked porridge overnight on low setting. Edge of pot got horribly burnt. Tried it again next night with half milk and half water, again pot burns badly. Mix bubbles even on low setting Have I got a faulty machine that cooks too hot? Certainly this is completely useless, taking me half the morning to soak and scrape away burnt crust to clean. Back to the saucepan for the porridge. Poor purchase, sadly.
on 23 December 2015
I purchased this Slow Cooker to replace my Argos 'Cookworks' Slow Cooker that was accidentally damaged, and realised on the second use that the lid is too small for the crock pot; it leaves a c.5mm gap around perhaps 50% of the lid, this lets a lot of steam escape, leading to drier food and increasing the risk of food burning.

I contacted Amazon who arranged for a replacement. Lo and behold, the same problem exists with the replacement too. Worth noting that these were delivered to me 11 months apart (Jan 2015 and Dec 2015) so cannot plausibly be 'a bad batch',

It's a shame, because aside from the ill-fitting lid, this seemed to be a good quality cooker!

I'm going to buy another Argos Cheap & Cheerful 'Cookworks' Slow Cooker, as the previous one served me very well for the best part of a decade. I'll certainly be avoiding the 'Crockpot' brand in the future!
on 17 May 2016
I have the larger 6.5 litre version too which is great for entertaining 6 people or more. But for the two of us we find it too big. This is just perfect for the odd casserole. enough space easily for 4 generous servings. I love the Crockpots as they still have the ceramic bowls. Not many of the others do, they are so sturdy and well made.
If I had to have one little complaint it's that there isn't a light to show its switched on, just a little thing really, the same thing goes for my larger one too. Just a small gripe. Even with this I would highly recommend them.
on 11 January 2017
I had to return my 2.4 L Crock-Pot as the lid would not sit flush on the bowl. In fact it could wobble. That allows a significant amout of heat and moisture to escape. I believe it to be faulty, possibly one opf a faulty batch? I did see one customer ask if the lid should be a better fit and the seller answered it was meant to be loose to let the steam escape. Rubbish!

I've used slow cookers before and they work best when the lid sits down flush and you get condensation build up underneath the glass lid. So check carefully and dont accept a duff one. The replacment i bought was an Andew James model and I was very pleased with it. I don't tend to write many reviews, but felt I should flag this issue up.