Customer reviews

2,103
BenQ GL2450HM LED TN 24 inch Widescreen Multimedia Monitor (1920 x 1080, 2 ms GTG, VGA, DVI-D, HDMI, Speakers) - Glossy Black
Size: 24-inch|Style: DVI, HDMI and Speakers|Change

on 19 March 2017
I am really enjoying my new BenQ GL2450HM Monitor. I have been wanting to upgrade my very poor old 15 inch standard definition monitor for a few years now and was waiting for a reasonably priced HD monitor.
Starting with assembly straight out of the box I was surprised to seen a "No Screw" slot in stand which was very easy and quick to set up. After switching it on it took me about 5 minutes to realise that it is set to DVI input so had to set it to HDMI to detect my p.c through the HDMI lead. The picture is amazing, very vivid colour and great detail. It has a power, menu and volume button on the side which are well positioned and not flimsy. A lot of choice in the menu for you to manually adjust to your liking. The monitor does wobble slightly when you apply pressure to it but to be honest this is only slight and I would not think it would be easily for it to be knocked over. All that said a great monitor for the price , I have used this for two weeks now but if there is any change in performance or quality issues I will update my review. Hope this was of some small help.
22 Comments| 38 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 January 2015
The colour isn't that good at first but you get used to it, it doesn't bleach the colours out as much as some of the syncmasters do..the ben Q is smooth as silk with my ps4 and has a nice size screen for gaming and watching youtube or twitch , the image seems bigger than my older 24 inch monitor..you will have to mess around with the settings to get the best picture..i seem to be winning more gun fights in bf4 with the 2ms response time, my older monitor was 5ms..even gta5 seems to run better, the driving seems more responsive at 2ms..doesn't come with a hdmi cable, just one for hooking up to your pc..I am more than happy with this monitor for watching youtube and twitch but some games can be a little washed out, if I had to pick a monitor again I would spend a bit more and get the slightly more expensive BenQ RL2455HM with it's Black eQualizer!
on 29 August 2017
The price has gone up £15 since I bought it(?) but for the price I paid it's very good VFM. The only criticism is that the ports are all underneath and behind the screen which makes it awkward for putting headphones in and out but I expected that for the price (it costs more to put the ports away from the speakers). Cannot fault the sound or picture quality and happily use it as a streaming TV in the bedroom. The cheapest fastest minimal MS lag I could find for gaming and have no complaints. Flawless response time.
on 9 August 2015
An excellent monitor, especially for less than £100. Also, I ordered it Friday morning and it arrived 24 hours later. I've spent some time with the brightness and contrast as the default level is very bright, but I finally twigged that I should stick to tuning the brightness in the games rather than in the monitor settings. I'm using my unit to play PS4 and other consoles through due to the hassle involved in using my HDTV for multiple tasks. It's great having everything so close at hand now. Setting the monitor up for HDMI took about a minute via the menu buttons. Very simple. The speakers sound pretty good too. All in all, a nice monitor at a great price.
on 1 June 2017
Wanted to install 2 monitors but HDMI so decided to go for 2 smaller ones - perfect for this. If you know that you can choose the chanel by pressing the right hand enter button then it takes 2 minutes to make it work. Support workde perfectly as well via phone as we had problems to get the headset installed. really happy would buy it again, bright colours and enough sound for built-in Speaker:)
on 17 April 2017
Really good quality monitor for the price as well bargain! Came well packaged and secure and as described. Would buy again for sure. This version comes with built in speakers and while they are not surround sound loud they are fit for purpose and work great as sound for games etc on a computer. Would recommend
on 25 February 2017
Outstanding monitor far better than the one it has replaced HannsG that was out of stock.Thanks for the next day delivery as well very happy.
on 24 August 2017
Obvious value for money. Fairly sharp and colour accurate. Was worth adjusting the settings to get this result. using it with a 2015 Mac. The mac screen seems a little sharper but of course its smaller. Spent £7 on a apple compatible connection cable and all is well. I use it up to three hours to type and read at work and it is not tiring on the eye.
on 29 May 2017
The monitor does the job I got it for , nothing spectacular but for the money it was good value. Only downside in my opinion is the controls on the side which are not the easiest to use but once set that should be it. Quite a good picture and the sound it okay , not as good as separate speakers but I wanted to free up space on my worktop.
on 29 December 2015
Arrived very promptly, sooner than expected especially for the Christmas time. The packaging was original, of course, and very suitable for a product of such quality giving the right protection and was made very easy for the delivery men to handle. The product itself is flawless and works very well out of the box (not sure why this came with drivers but I chose not to use them). The display had no faults and continues to be my primary monitor for potentially the next few years; BenQ proceeds to live up to its quality standards as seen by the PC community for many years, an all round worthwhile purchase!