on 6 December 2012
I got this along with the Small Wacom Tablet after reading the reviews saying that I absolutely needed it. Well, believe me, you don't. Firstly, the tiny battery only lasts a day so you will need to always have a usb cable trailing out of the back of your computer in anycase in order to charge it up each and every day. In most cases, I just leave the cable plugged in. I suppose that it is useful if you are in the habit of taking a laptop to your local Starbucks (unless you are boycotting them because they do not pay their taxes, so maybe your local Costa Coffee) and working with your laptop and a tablet (careful not to spill any coffee or muffin crumbs on the tablet) then I can see the point of this wireless accessory kit but it's rare that you would ever be sitting on a sofa and operating a computer running Photoshop for intricate retouching at 5 yards distance.
So.....useful, but far from a necessity. I will give it 3 stars because it works great and looks neat and is well made.......but it's fairly much asking you to spend money for nothing, as you'll still have that cable lying across your desk.
55 comments| 58 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 February 2012
Bought this for my Wacom Bamboo Medium and it's a doddle to install and configure with extra panels in your tablet preferences to show the battery drain state and life left.

It's worth noting that you really do need to follow the instructions and do a FULL 100% USB charge of this before you disconnect your USB cable because the battery life really only reaches an optimum on a full charge and discharge cycle.

That said, because it's essentially powering a bluetooth device, you really aren't going to get super-long battery life out of this so keep a cable handy at all times.

No lag though, and really does free you up from a mess of cables if you're working on a decent-sized screen with a tablet cradled in your lap.
66 comments| 22 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 June 2012
I bought this to use with a Intuos5 Pen and Touch Medium Graphics Tablet, and it does exactly what it's supposed to. The kit is three separate small modules: the (tiny) USB wireless receiver you plug into your PC or Mac, the wireless module you plug into your tablet, and the battery for the tablet. The Intuos tablet has one (for the Small size) or two (Medium and Large) doors on the bottom that can be removed, to allow inserting the wireless module and battery. Installation takes a few seconds.

Once inserted, it's recommend that you fully charge the battery via the USB cable connection before using it. You're free to switch between wired and wireless operation at any time, and never need to remove the wireless kit to do so. When you're ready to go wireless, just unplug the USB cable, and press the power button on the side of the tablet (the power button is part of the wireless module, so you'll only have one if you've installed the kit).

Since this is just a USB wireless connection, there's no software to install. In terms of battery life, in Standard mode (the default mode for Intuos tablets), you'll comfortably get two or maybe three days of periodic use from it, and even with heavy use shouldn't need to charge it more than once a day. There's a battery gauge shown in the menubar on OS X, and presumably somewhere similar on Windows. There's no difference in performance (no lag or jitter, particularly) between wired and wireless mode.

Basically, it does exactly what it's supposed to, with no fuss. Highly recommended.
on 17 February 2012
So yes the cost is a little high for what you get (they should just ship it with the wacom), but what the hell it's very nice to have. I haven't had to recharge the battery once (meaning simply putting the ubs-cable in), and I've had it for almost a month I think.. The way it's placed in the wacom is very nifty as well. :)

Also the delivery was suuuper fast.
on 5 March 2013
I use this with an iMac and ZBrush, and as the rest of my setup is wireless, I didn't want a wire trailing across my desk, and besides which, I often use the tablet on my lap, which this is perfect for as the cable isn't that long. However, I soon discovered that the connection where the wireless transmitter plugs into on the tablet, just isn't that good. There is a small device that slots into a USB type connection behind a panel underneath the tablet, but during use it seems to lose its connection sometimes, and then disconnects from the computer. I have to remove the cover, pull out the device and re-insert it to get it working again. I would rather have paid a bit extra for a tablet with wireless built in than this add-on solution, but of course it may be just mine that has a bad connection.
on 15 May 2012
I got this as I use my wacom tablet to work from home, & it's great, it means I can sit on my nice comfy sofa instead of my desk, & frees me up from any worries over my house pets who love to chew wires. If you get the tablet, get this too!
on 13 January 2012
If you're getting a Wacom, you should definitely get this. Anything that means one less cable on the desk is worth it! It works well and it just means I can stow my Wacom in a more convenient place without being limited by the length of the cable or having to unplug it contstantly. Wish I had this years ago!
on 4 June 2013
The mail man delivered this for me this morning and pleased as usual with amazon's fast shipping but I am 50/50 with this product and the reason is that yes it does what it states, it makes your wacom graphic tablet wireless which I love as I hate wires every where but it takes FOREVER to charge its a joke, the item was delivered at 1PM today, set it up and started charging about 1:30PM and its now 17:17PM and its STILL charging! Surely it doesn't take all this time to charge a battery?
on 5 April 2015
Very very disappointed.

For several times it lost signal completely. No matter how I tried (reboot, unplug and plug back), it just wouldn't pick up any signal unless you put the cable back in.

Worst, battery dies within 1 day, no exaggeration (I'm an illustrator, probably with heavy usage). I literally watched the percentage drop. I now always have the USB cable plugged in.
I wouldn't even take it out with my laptop, because it sometimes fails to pick up any signal without a cable. I took it out once, turned out to be waste of carrying a massive tablet as it happened to be on its 'signal fail'.

I should have read and trusted the other reviews regarding the battery.
I'm little bit disappointed at Wacom, as they have been producing excellent tablets. This is not up to the Wacom standard.

Conclusion is, there is no point buying this wireless kit. Unless you only use your tablet once or twice in a week.
Have to find another way to hide the ugly cable. :(
on 11 August 2012
The first thing you notice about this kit is how small it is. I ordered this along with my Bamboo Fun Medium Graphics Tablet, which arrived at the same time in a box BIGGER than I had expected, so the difference in size between the two was almost comical.

I set up the tablet with its cable first of all, and it's certainly true (as has been stated in almost every review of the product) that its USB cable is far too short. I have no space for the tablet on my desk, so it sits on my lap, which I feel is the best way to use it - this wireless kit allows me to do that very easily.

As I say, the kit is very small, and you do feel that you may have paid a bit much for the three small black items (battery, two wireless units) contained within. However, the wireless kit is still incredibly useful indeed and adds a certain sense of freedom to the use of your tablet that just cannot be achieved with it hooked up to your computer. It feels far more like a device in its own right (especially as the wireless kit adds a power button) and not just a glorified mouse.

All in all, a truly handy little kit - if only it were a bit cheaper!