Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.99

on 22 September 2016
I got this because I was hired to play guitar in a production of the stage show. Because I was on holiday almost right up to the band call and unable to practice as much as I'd otherwise have liked, I thought I'd best prepare by at least listening to the original cast album ad nauseum. Any other set of show songs and arrangements would have made this tortuous, and believe me, I've played in enough shows to speak with authority on this; however it was a joy to have this album in my ears three or four times a day for a couple of weeks. The album contains some classic 80s numbers, made even better by energetic, modern arrangements and first class performances (the metal head who did the lead guitar on this is obviously a real monster player), while for the one or two numbers, that might have otherwise been better forgotten, this show is best thing that ever happened to them. If you like a bit of nostalgia, go see the show and then buy the album. If you love tasty guitar work, buy the album anyway.
on 6 May 2017
Great show, great album. A must for anyone who likes tongue in cheek, 80's glam rock, with a hint of Broadway.
on 7 September 2017
Saw this on stage so had to have the music, hope it ill come round again
on 19 February 2012
I went to see this fantastic show in London last month where the cd was available to purchase in the theatre but decided against the £18.99 price! Searched on amazon to find it £10 cheaper. Well worth the money with some great tunes from a memorable night.
on 3 April 2012
Rock Of Ages

I bought this CD after seeing the show down in London. And although the cast that was used for the recording is from the Broadway production, the voices are almost identical. It arrived promptly, and sounds great.
on 29 November 2011
A great cd from the US Musical, hope the UK cast record as well. Very well written very funny, A must see.
on 8 January 2012
The Rock of Ages CD is amazing. I bought it after seeing the musical in London - you have to see it too !!!!!
on 22 May 2013
having seen the musical the cd is the next best thing to being there, it brings back every memory the music is BRILL.aLSO THE SERVICE FROM AMAZON kINDLE IS EXCELLENT ARRIVED THE NEXT DAY so did not have to wait long before i could start listerning to the music.
on 22 July 2014
Fantastic, play it in the car all the time at full blast, and bearing in mind I am in my 60's I get some funny looks!!! but who cares. This is far better than the film version with Tom Cruise as the story has been changed in that and it is not as good.
on 9 July 2012
I bought this cd after seeing the live show in London. The cd is everything that I had hoped. As I hear each song I can remember the scenes within the live show and it allows me to live it all over again. Enjoyed this one!