Customer reviews

The Essence of Sufism
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 24 February 2015
Really good comprehensive look at early Sufism through an unbiased form.

Great bibliography at the end for further reading as well.
on 25 December 2015
A good book for anyone interested in this subject.
on 11 January 2016
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 5 September 2017
Brilliant book! Very informative.
on 9 January 2016
Thank you very much. I loved everything in this book. I shall read more Sufi books in the near future, insha Allah.
on 22 January 2013
Written clearly and truthfully.
I feel a lot more informed about Sufism now.
Living in Egypt and reading this book has helped me to understand a lot of things.
A pity this book is not offered to be read in schools across the globe.
on 14 June 2015
Excellent
on 15 September 2009
I got this book after meeting a Sufi and enjoyed a realy long chat with him, it was nice as I converted to Hinduism some years ago. Our talking has resulted in a firm firendship,anyway this book has realy helped me understand this facinating subject, I reccomend it to anyone who wishes to improve their knowlage of Sufism and gain a better understanding of one simple fact we are all the same, we need to respect others and their belifes and by so doing we grow from the inside out, this book helps you achive just that!
8 people found this helpful
on 31 May 2015
Book in great condition.
on 10 February 2018
I am an atheist, but that doesn't prevent me from being deeply interested in the religious beliefs of others. Sufism is an exceptionally interesting religion, representing as it does the mystical arm of Islam. I had no idea that the Sufis had such a troubled and oppressed history, often at the hands of less understanding or compassionate Muslim rulers and demagogues.

Baldock's book is a good introduction to the area, although it reads too much in places like a glossary or encyclopedia. However, my interest is picqued, and I will look for books by the authors he mentions sometime soon.