Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£0.99

on 9 August 2017
If you like simple but powerful poetry, this may just be what you're looking for. Although many verses have religious connotations, I know many people who I have shared this with on my travels, from various backgrounds, have enjoyed the words of Rumi
on 9 April 2017
Good introduction to Rumi
on 14 October 2009
This Author was recommended to me and I have to say I had 'reservations' about the impact of the content, for me. I was therefore very gratified to find that my apprehensions were unfounded. I had been unsure that anyone, other than an 'Eastern' expert, could write with such authority and knowledge on this subject. The book I recieved was in 'mint' condition. Thank you.
on 5 June 2013
Made me see life from a different angle and now I can even live with the worst. Absolutely excellent, highly recommended.
on 9 September 2013
This book spoke to me on so many different levels. I really enjoyed the mix of the present love affair with Rumi's greatest spiritual love story in the past. His poems and teachings are to be enjoyed and sought out.
on 23 January 2015
I found this an intersting book about Rumi and his writings, especially so since I have just returned from visiting Konya, where his mausoleum and monastery museum is. This book complements Baldock's 'The Essence of Sufism'. Read both to get a good basic understanding of Sufism.
on 9 January 2015
Really enjoying this book, gives a good insight into Islam
on 18 January 2014
Rumi is someone I think of as the quiet man of the world of the wise. Considered a poet and a spiritualist this is reflected in his writings. I find his words as relevant today as they were when he originally wrote them centuries ago. Rumi is a star by my reckoning, a man I would love to meet and speak with at length.
Peace.
on 25 October 2015
Beautifully crafted, Baldock approaches his task methodically, giving the reader an in-depth understanding of Rumi's world and that poetic well from which he drew.

It ends rather abruptly - I would have appreciated a few more commentaries on Rumi's most famous works.

Nevertheless, Baldock does a great deal more than scratch the surface, and I definitely recommend this book for those wishing to introduce themselves to the genius of Rumi.
on 22 April 2015