on 11 August 2013
This is the cheapest price I could find for this model Roth audio unit. As the seller states these are not new but had no complaint about the condition - just a few marks and fingerprints which cleaned up easily.
Agree about the display poor visibility but the sound and performance are good and to get DAB and Internet Radio for this price, plus the IPod dock is good value.
Had no problem with my iPod 120 Gb attaching and playing/charging.
DAB radio works fine - I might be lucky with signal in my area and had no problem setting up Internet radio with my Wireless router.
The unit does 'switch off' randomly and the alarm has failed on occasions - agree that the time display is lost when'drop out' occurs and the Internet radio fails to link on occasion - but so do other Internet radios that I have.
Overall at this price with the number of audio options, I can accept some of the weaknesses but I would not be as tolerant if I had paid the £120-130 price I have seen elsewhere on the net.
33 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 April 2013
Purchased this as a replacement for a DAB radio I returned to Amazon. Excellent returns policy as per usual. Husband persauded me to order an internet radio. I would point out that I just wanted an ordinary FM radio, with a proper aerial and nothing fancy. Radio delivered by courier, which was a surprise.

Took a while to set up with wireless. Gives three options. Don't know which we used but eventually got it working.

Great sound quality, fills a very big room. Husband listens to it all day long when at home, and I am beginning to get very weary listening to the Goons Radio Show!!! even if it is very funny.

Remote control nice size and I can see the keys without specs. Front of radio has big buttons so one can use those as well without any problem.

Without doubt one of my best purchases from Amazon, would give more stars if I could. Hope I don't jinx it with all this praise!!
on 26 April 2013
This unit exceeded my expectations and is one of my best buys. The FM reception is clear, DAB is excellent and the internet radio is really good with worldwide stations available with very little effort. My unit is in my bedroom at the opposite side of the house to our router and a floor above it, the wireless connection works fine. The touch sensitive buttons on the front of the unit are very effective and, once you get a little used to it, the whole control of the many options is very simple to use. The small remote control unit is an asset as well. The alarm could wake me up if I was three doors away I think, it can be very loud. I cannot comment on the iPod dock as I do not have anything to try it with, however my MP3 player connects to the aux. input with the lead supplied and works fine, giving nice clear sound.
on 12 April 2013
Fast delivery and easy to set up 'out of the box.' I even managed to set the radio up to the home internet within 10 minutes. Tone is good and the design is modern and size not too big or small.
As mentioned in other feedback, the blue display even when dimmed can be annoying. Sure, you can cover it up but then you can't use the remote control. At a distance it's difficult to read the display but, that's not a design fault. The solution would be to include a duplicate display on the remote. I even thought about using my binoculars from my bed!! A bit over the top probably!
I would have also liked to be able to attach external speakers but, no joy there I'm afraid.
On the whole, a great buy at a great price. I'm now considering buying another for use in the kitchen.
on 20 February 2013
Had looked at the Pure, Roberts and even peeked at the Revo (expensive but lovely). The reviews on the radio were very good and therefore I took the plunge.
Excellent box, giving me (priority wise) internet radio, iPhone connection, DAB and excellent sound. This is to replace the bedside alarm clock (which just did that and nothing else). Joy to set up and use. Internet connection setting done in less than a minute. User manual is clear. The only downside is the display which is too bright (not dimmable) and best viewed at eye level. The remote was dinky but useful. And a lot cheaper than its rivals. For this money you can only get a Pure One Flow (a smallish portable box). Highly recommended purchase.
on 5 March 2013
Purchased this after reviewing some other DAB/dock radioalarms to use as bedroom radio alarm.
Works well with no problems.Choice of alarm settings for weekday/weekend is a useful feature.
DAB reception is good despite FM reception not being that brilliant here.
Pleased with build quality and sound performance.Seem better value than Roberts/Pure offerings at this price point (£75)
The ability to choose internet radio station favourites on PC that are then accesible from the radio makes it easy to get good internet channels without much hassle.I found I had to alter the sound Eq preset to get enough high tone response for my ears....happy to recommend....
on 18 February 2013
Product was easy to set up. The screen is good. I have had no issues whatsoever with the WiFi connection since I set it up. Podcasts can also be accessed through it but it is not the easiest.

Navigation between countries etc is not the easiest, but not a major issue either, particularly considering you can set 10 presets. Alarm clock is very useful too and can be set for different purposes - eg to go off every weekday or weekend day.

I cannot fault the product in the slightest. One hundred euro only, and it has all the function you could ask for. The sound quality is as good as I would wish for on a radio or iPod dock like this.
on 29 November 2012
I am truly impressed with this radio. I bought it for my wife's birthday as she is consistently complaining about all the talking on UK radio stations and how much she wished she could just find an all music station. Well thanks to this beauty we now have access to 100's of worldwide stations of every genre. Sound quality is excellent, the IPOD docking feature works a treat as too does the DAB and normal FM capabilities. Connection to my home wireless network was a doddle and works perfectly. It scanned for my SSID, automatically detected that I was using WPA-PSK and all I had to do was add the passphrase. Was worth every penny.
on 6 January 2013
Great sound from the upward facing speakers. Fairly easy to set up and DAB reception (in Plymouth) is good. Internet radio is also easy to set up as it can use a wireless internet connection.

Only a couple of niggles. As stated , the display is difficult to see in bright light or unless directly in line with the display. The remote takes a bit of getting used to as you need to use the Shift key/button for buttons 6 - 10. Also on the iphone/ipod dock you have to remove a plastic cover, which means it could easily get lost.

Aside from these minor points it is a great radio.
on 20 March 2013
Having owned a DAB radio before but never got to use it much as the reception was poor, so the often had the signal drop out and lots of echo. Still have the same issue with the DAB on here, but now just use the internet radio. really easy to tune in and more stations than I would ever want. Handy being able to access your music on the network - finds the files easily although wont play anything converted to iTunes. iPod dock works well too. Sound quality is OK, a little tinny, but Ok for a small radio. Only issue is with the buttons which are too touch sensetive but all in all good value.