on 6 July 2016
This is an excellent book if you've never used coloured pencils before which I haven't. It shows several subjects from outline to finished design taking you through the different stages. You learn how to draw fur, feathers, scales etc. The only quibble I have is that the choice of subjects is not what I would have liked, some are billiant but others a bit obscure but I suspect this is to give you different techniques rather than always doing say fur. Overall a very good book and also a fantastic size. At A3 it's large enough to show the subjects well so you can see what you are supposed to be copying exactly.
on 16 April 2017
Nicely layed out and easy to follow instructions I like the use of colour as well it gives you an easy way to discover what you are capable of it will take you by the hand and guid you through step by step it also gives you information as you progress thru this book it is important to read this book although it's tempting to just try going straight to the drawing there a lot of information you need to take in as well but all in all I will try some of the animals shown in this book 5 stars
on 4 September 2014
I bought this book as my wife has bought me a set of coloured pencils and my favourite subject is animals.. The book goes into quite a bit of depth to explain what she is doing , it really is a good learning book and one I shall be drawing along with..
on 18 May 2014
Great instructions. Very clear and easy to follow. Very useful. Love the animals chosen and will be looked at again and again.
on 7 April 2013
As soon as I got the book had to start drawing right away. Going to buy more of the range.
on 10 December 2016
good book, but a little thinner than I thought it would be, however good illustration and good text.
on 4 March 2016
Great book and for me very informitive which will help me have more confidence drawing animals.
on 26 November 2015
Enjoyed using this book a lot. It really got me started again. I am focusing on animals.
on 4 February 2015
The book arrived quickly and was just what I wanted .it was very clear and informative with its instruction.A very good buy
on 14 November 2014
excellent book with clear simple advice - very glad I bought it.