Customer reviews

Folk Tale
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 2 September 2012
I discovered Christy Moore totally by accident whilst playing around on you tube. I am so glad I did.
This album is a delight to listen to and a word to the wise, if you are a Hi-Fi fan this will really excite you as the production is as good as anything I have ever heard and Mr Moore appears to strum away on his guitar right in front of you whilst you rest your head in smug realisation that this is one of "those" albums, the ones you bought the equipment for.
To the music itself. The disc is an entertaining folky mix of very deep and emotive ballads like "Tyrone boys" which is a beautiful song to quite amusing and upbeat head nodders like "My little Honda 50" and is in my opinion crowned and polished by the very sad ballad and true story about the terrible incident that happened on "Morecambe bay".
I am an old punk and two tone fan, my musical loves are Ska and Reggae yet this album is constantly on in my house. I love Christie Moore's voice and I love the simplicity of the music that lets you listen in to every heart beat. Last of all I love the passion and the humour he portrays in the songs.
A masterpice and one of my top twenty albums of all time.
5 people found this helpful
on 8 December 2016
It takes a little time before you start to really enjoy this album
on 10 February 2014
Great variety of music from the thought provoking emotional On Morecambe Bay to the fun My Little Honda and the witty and naughty Weekend In Amsterdam. a musical feast by Christy.
on 5 February 2014
Another fabulous offering from Christy Moore, an extremely talented singer/song writer with stirring songs and lyrics. Never ever disappoints, and Folk Tale is another great CD
on 8 May 2015
A brilliant play, On Morecambe Bay, a stunning tribute to the events of the time, Weekend in Amsterdam, is good fun.
on 27 March 2013
Bought as a present for someone who appreciates a bit of Christy Moore and what's more he didn't let her down.
on 4 July 2013
Many thanks for the speedy delivery of the cd,well worth waiting for every song is beautiful cant wait to see him in Liverpool in october
on 24 January 2013
This cd is great. Comical, funny , unique story telling lyrics. I would recommend this cd to any one. Little Honda 50 a night in Amsterdam great songs .
on 21 September 2015
present for my dad
on 6 January 2013
Christy Moore at his very best,welcome back Christy. Every track was a joy to listern to, and his voice better than ever.