on 15 June 2017
Amazing story, I found myself seeking related information throughout and to the end of the book. Recommend it to anyone that want's to read just how much China has changed over the last century or so.
on 8 September 2014
Reading this book about the three generations of Chinese women took over my life for a week or more so that I was even dreaming about them. The freedom to think and, to a certain extent, say what we like is taken for granted. We must be careful not to allow that freedom to be watered down. A truly excellent book .
on 22 October 2017
Having spent three weeks travelling around China this Summer it was fascinating reasoning and helped me expand my knowledge of the country and understanding of the culture and customs of the places I had visited
on 10 March 2017
A beautiful poignant read, I read Wild Swans while on a month long tour through China and it coloured my experiences deeply. A truly moving journey.
on 24 April 2015
This was recommended to me by a friend who had read it 20 years ago and it still stayed with her. After I read the book I could see why. It is a powerful story of one family through the eyes of the women in that family. It made me laugh, cry and hope along with these women.
Everyone should read this book.
on 11 August 2017
Had read this when it first came out and it is just as good on second reading. Such a moving tale of the lives of women in China but told in a very readable and gripping way. Highly recommended.
on 7 September 2017
again ive read this book again and again over many years would recomend it .does take a little time to get into brilliant book
on 5 September 2017
If you must read one book about china read this one,extraordinary facts an brilliant storyline.I have now purchased Mao.
on 22 August 2017
Fantastically written book have read several times and always find new things in it
on 20 June 2017
This is a really good book. True not fiction but very easy to read. I learnt a lot about China from this book.. also arrived before expected date.