Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.59

on 21 April 2014
A must buy with a good mix of tracks for all The Answer fans. I was very impressed with this cd.
on 11 October 2015
Excellent cd by excellent band, been following these since day one they get better every time.
on 9 October 2011
Fantastic, long awaited album from a favourite Classic Rock band - exciting vocals from Cormac, strong base lines from Micky, James as powerful as ever on drum and stunning lead guitar from Paul - well worth the wait. Can't wait to catch the live.
on 15 February 2016
Amazing album, great guys!
on 9 October 2011
I love this band, so I had very high hopes of this album, and it certainly doesn't dissappoint. A really fantastic set of tracks with the Answer's classic bluesy rock sound coming through as strong as ever. Some interesting additions to their usual style including some guest female vocals from Lynne Jackamann on Nowhere Freeway make for a very rich offering.

All the big rock sound that you would expect from the Answer comes through, but you get the added bonus of some beautiful, soulful acoustic tracks on the second CD, meaning you can really get the best of cormac's voice in all its forms. Bring on the live tour!
on 5 February 2012
First two albums rocked but this has a highly polished, commercial feel to it. The hideously irritating single Vida (I Want You) says it all really. They seem the same live (Birmingham Academy, October 2011) and have lost that raw edge. Too much time on the road with AC/DC perhaps....Where has that raw rock feel gone from the previous albums?
Certainly not a return to form but a step backwards.
on 15 October 2011
I have been a fan of The Answer for some time now and was looking forward to this their third album. However they seem to have lost the thing that makes the first two Albums so great (both 5 stars in my opinion) The problem is the first two albums have a raw slightly under produced sound to them that makes the songs sound honest and like they are bing played and sung live. Revival has lost these qualities and sounds very over produced and the sound just does not sound right. Its not a bad album but its no where near as good as the first two. Just proves that sometimes less is more.
on 14 November 2011
being a strong The Answer fan from the beginning I can not hide my disappointment,
after several listenings to the new album Revival. In many ways this is not the magnificent debut Rise nor Rise II, the superb album with outtakes from the first studiosessions, nor the glorious Everydays Demons or the excellent album absent single Highwater or Hell. This new album doesn't reflect that music, only the singer can be traced back to the earlier studiomaterial, and his playing live on 412 Days of Rock'n Roll. Gone is the melody for most part, gone the terrific guitarriffs and solos from Mahon, only a lot of noise in each songs is present. What exactly they had in mind with the title Revival is unclear. Being = unjustly = accused as a rippoff from Led Zeppelin [Jimmy Page was a fan!], the early years show some resemblance, also in the folkier songs on Rise II, from which Take It Easy reminds me of Black Country Woman from Physical Graffity, and especially the strong Keep Believing, which stands on its own, this new album comes no way in that territory. Except on the bonusdisc the Free remake of Fire and Water (like on Rise II the Aerosmith cover of Sweet Emotion) nothing harks back to the seventies, if that's what they intended, or both the first and certainly classic albums. The band declares on the inlay that Revival is their make or brakealbum. I wish they didn't. I am not assured that this will gain them new fans/CD buyers. This kind of music is made by a lot of bands and does'nt represent the good feeling of many of the songs the band wrote and recorded before. I wish The Answer all the luck in the world. And although I am not a believer I pray they come up in time with an album as good as the ones I mentioned before. In the meantime I am afraid to listen far less to this one than I did to Rise I/II, Everydays Demons, the album omitted single and 412. I saw them performing twice in Amsterdam with a good set and enjoyed that tremendously, supporting the first and second album. Then they went on to bigger stardom, playing a world tour with AC/DC and other big acts. So they gained a lot recognition and publicity already and played themselves in the picture. I dared to hope on an album which reflects their musical growth within the confines of already proven material but the Revival songlist is not what I expected nor hoped for.
on 29 November 2011
Not bad, but to my mind not a shade on the first two albums. No really bad songs, but then nothing spectacular either.

Unlike some of the other reviewers I thught that Everyday Demons was better than Rise and it could only get better. The trouble is it has not.

There is nothing with this album that that I actively dislike; the problem is that it just did not meet my expectations. It is not bad and perhaps the songs will grow on me as I will play it again.

This band is so good live yet they just do not cut it for this CD. In parts is sound like a poor Molly Hatchet or Blackfoot. I just know that they can do better.

What evger you do, do not let this review put you off seeing them live. They really are much better than this. So much energy and the work a crowd well. Just if in doubt but one of the other albums.
on 1 December 2011
I was really looking forward to hearing this album,but have to say i was dissapointed.
No where near the quality of songs they produced on the previous albums.
I'm hoping it will grow on me......