Customer reviews

Homeworld: To The Stars Book 1
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 4 March 2012
Great stories, but the very poor formatting for kindle made these otherwise enjoyable reads a trial of patience and sometimes figuring out what the badly formatted word was supposed to mean.

I am not exaggerating when I say that for the first two books that almost every single page had some dodgy characters or replacement words.

The final book had fewer of these, but still noticable and irritating.

Love my kindle, hate poor formatting.

Enjoy the stories though, Harry Harrison you are the master.
on 25 October 2013
Very happy when I d/l this on my Kindle. I must point out that it's very different from the 'Bill Hero' series, if like me that's all you've ever read of this author's books. If you like Asimov, 1984, Brave New World and similar, then you'll like this too. Not dated like some of the other books of this era. Great story, and makes you think.

Bit like the Matrix decision - should the protagonist (Jan) take the blue pill, or red one - although in this book the reasoning behind 'knowing and not wanting to know' is considerably better formulated. I won't spoil it, by stating how Jan makes his final decision! The ending is great. Really can't add more, or I'll spoil it.
on 18 May 2014
Good book, but quite short. The Story is well paced but a little predictable in places and kept me more than interested to download the second book straight away.
on 3 November 2013
An engineer is open holiday and is recruited into the resistance that he knows nothing about a readable novel and I enjoyed it. Recommended