on 16 February 2016
This is ok for a child maybe, it is more a novelty that a practical tape. I bought it to replace a Hiya Hiya one because it was cheaper, but it isn't as long - not long enough for my crafting needs, and the edges fray very quickly especially if you let a child get their hands on it!
To use the tape you pull out one of the ears, the tape does not stay locked properly like the Hiya Hiya one did.
I've now bought another Hiya Hiya one so this was a false economy.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 31 December 2012
I have been crafting (crocheting, embroidery, cross stitch, card making, etc) since I was about 8 years old and a tape measure is a vital necessity.

"Pandy Bear", as he has been named, is 5.5 cm wide by 4.5 cm by 1.3 cm deep.

To use the tape you need to yank on poor "Pandy's" right ear (as he faces you).

Inches are on one side and centimetres on the other.

The tape is full retractable; you simply press the small button in the centre on the back, and watch your fingers as the snap back is very powerful.

Sometimes it is nice to have things in your sewing kit that aren't just useful, but can make you smile too
review image review image
on 7 July 2013
I was spending more time untangling and winding up my old tape measure than I did actually using it so this is great! And it makes me smile every time I use it too. It does retract quite sharply so may not be suitable for younger children but I love it!
on 3 February 2013
I bought this for my daughter as she is always measuring things. Great fun but the tape retracts quite quickly which can hurt small fingers.
on 12 September 2013
This small tape measure is both cute & useful. The item arrived very quickly and n excellent condition.I am very pleased with my purchase
on 12 July 2012
Whilst not that practical in DIY terms, this tape measure has helped to keep my two Grandsons occupied while their Dad is using a full size measure for his DIY.
As there are two Grandsons, I bought a different coloured one from elsewhere to stop them argueing over who had the tape measure. they are age 3 & 4.
on 19 October 2012
Very pleased with this cute little tape measure, easy to use and easy to find in my knitting bag.i will certainly be buying another one of these in a different design.
on 11 April 2014
Bought this for my daughter as she is a midwife and needs to measure bumps! She loves it and so does her colleagues.
on 21 September 2015
Bought for my 3 year old son and he loves it. Safe for him to use as no sharp edges, but can still help daddy!
on 15 January 2016
Nice,cute small tape measure. Works fine and another addition to my knitting accessories bag.