on 29 May 2012
Galvanised dustbin with metal lid - great product. The mice won't be able to chew their way into the bird food!! Delivery was very prompt.
on 16 September 2012
I was undecided for ages before finally deciding on this bin. I was worried about the strength of the handles and quality issues mentioned on some reviews for galvanised bins generally. I eventually opted for this one and have no regrets. It was next day delivery and well wrapped. Whilst no where near as heavy and substantial as the metal bins I remember from my youth it really looks the part. It feels solid enough, the lid fits very well and with a satisying clang. Bin bags actually fit around the rim (unlike my old rubber/plastic bin) and is indeed pretty much rodent and cat proof. It also looks very good parked up outside!
on 1 December 2013
This is parked out side my back door and used for collecting ash from stove fire. Made solid as handles and lid. I tied a bungy cord to hold lid then hook onto handles incase of gusty wind - so has quick release. Then use. A sack cart to take and empty. Less ash dust floating around as ash pan can go right into dustbin to empty. Less mess. In the summer we will be using it for garden waste to take to be burned. So we will be using this dusty bin all year round.
on 25 July 2013
bought 2 of these for horse feed ,they arrived really quickly ,were left where I had asked and were undamaged.My only slight complaint would be that for feed purposes I would have liked the lid to be a bit tighter fitting to keep the rats out but I bought a couple of short bungees to go through the lid handle to the side handles and this works relly well .
on 20 February 2013
I wanted a galvanised bin to put hot ashes into, and this one seems just the job. It appears to be sturdy, and the lid fits well. I'd buy another if I needed it.
on 21 December 2012
Perfect for the Job of keeping my Bird food stocks Dry and rat & Mouse free
Got two outside under shelter for seed and peanuts
on 8 May 2014
I bought this imagining it to be a dustbin of old but find it a little flimsy and would not withstand a weekly bashing on a dustcart by a dustman. But I am using it to store bird seed and to stop squirrels from helping themselves. It is outside on some hard standing and I have wired the lid on using the handles. So far the squirrels have not found a way in (they chewed through the lid of the previous plastic bin with lockable lid!) If I was lifting it about a lot I think the spot welded handles might not last.
on 3 November 2014
We use these bins to store our chicken food in after the rats managed to chew through the black plastic bin!! We have to use a bungy cord handle to handle as the lid does not fit securely but its watertight and does the job.
on 26 April 2014
the dustbins arrived in perfect order - no dents - I have since drilled holes in the base of each one painted them in pastel colours and have planted two of my Oleander trees in them and they look good on the patio and have been well admired and best of all the snails don't like them!
on 31 May 2013
Prompt delivery. Dustbins in perfect condition and not dented. They appear to be quite sturdy. What else can I say about a dustbin? Oh yes ... it's very shiny