on 29 December 2012
Ordered this for use with a Archos Cobalt 80 tab bought from Tesco on Boxing day. I have to say that, whilst the fit is good, the quality of the case is very poor. The external finish is nothing like the one in the picture (it has a poorly embossed Android logo, not the wording as shown) it's not 'padded' at all and really seems like cardboard with a poor layer of rubbery laminate stuck over it (with bubbles where it's not stuck down properly in places). The internal lining looks more like the picture, but mine was actually torn in one place. The fastening looks like it won't last long. The stitching is all over the place and actually goes off the edge of the case a couple of times.

I can only think that they've replaced this with a different product since the original reviews. I'll certainly be sending it back if the postage is not too expensive.
55 Comments| 17 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 February 2015
Three stars is for the fit as it certainly isn't suited to an 8" tablet (Linx 8" which is 12.5w x 21.5L x 0.9d)) as the tablet sits in the middle of a much larger case. I think the picture must show a 10" and that you get the same size no matter what you order as the fixings stretch to fit but I may be wrong. The oversized case defeats the object of having a smaller tablet.
Having said that, if it had fitted well it would have got 4-5 stars as the quality seemed good with a nice magnetic clasp to stop the cover from coming undone. The tablet is held safely and it stand firmly in the ridges without slipping.
You can also hold it easily if you want to use it as a handheld unit as the cover hangs down without getting in the way.
The finish is good and looks more expensive than it actually costs. The depth could be shallower as it is quite thick, which spoils it if you have a slim tablet.
I really wish it fitted.
on 3 January 2013
I bought this for the Archos Cobalt 8" tablet, based on dimensions, descriptions and reviews. To be honest it is perfect for the Cobalt 8" tablet... It fits very neatly, the tablet sits very snugly in the four elasticated corners; in fact you could say this was designed specifically for it. One drawback is the camera at the back is obscured whilst in the case, but for day to day use this is a very minor issue. Another small issue is that you need to remove the top left strap for charging, but again only a minor issue.

The power button is not obscured by the straps, and the volume rocker bar sits neatly under the top right strap, but still allowing functionality. USB port is still also easily accessible.

But buyer beware.... there seems to be two sellers for this case, and I seem to have picked the BAD one. The case I received is basically hard cardboard, not 'faux leather' at all, it is VERY cheap looking and cheap feeling. Also the case I received is not the one in the picture. If I wasn't going on holiday in a couple of days time I would 100% be sending it back, but I need it... so....

I've seen other reviews saying it's a pretty decent case, and would agree if it wasn't so cheap and nasty.

Please, if you are considering buying on of these tablet cases, make sure you buy the one with the highest rating... there's two on Amazon, so make sure you choose the right one.

Unfortunately I chose the one weith the least stars, and now I have what is apparently the cheaper option of the two.

In summary..... this case is ideal for the Archos Cobalt 8" tablet, but the quality is a huge let down.
on 3 September 2012
I would echo a previous view that this case is of poor quality... and finish. Mine has minor white blemishes in various areas on the outside where I can only assume the covering was damaged during construction. To be honest it reminds me of a Blue Peter project... 'take some stiff carboard, use a glue stick' etc. and I'm not impressed. I'm just short of sending it back. Beware of the risk.

After using the case as a stand on and off for a couple of weeks I notice that the front cover (which doubles up as the back cover when used as a stand) is now bowed on both the horizontal and vertical, and doesn't return to the original shape. NB this has never travelled with me in a bag or had anything pressed against it. I would strongly advise anyone considering purchasing this to look at other alternatives.

Nice to see other reviewers balancing out what was originally reviewed as being above average quality for the price, which it most certainly is not.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
VINE VOICEon 6 July 2013
There are fancy bits to this case. All it does is hold a tablet in place between a leather 'book'. there are no flaps to fold down to keep one of the 'book' main pages open, although the case does fold back on itself. It feels good in use. It is simple, but the I was getting loads of bits in the way when I had a more endowed one.

With this case what you do get is well made. I recommend it as a cheap and simple case that performs it's job well.
on 4 October 2012
This hard case protects my Momo 8 very well, It is not the highest class, but then the price is not high. There are two issues that I have found - the bottom right securing strap covers the on-off button and the speaker at the back of the Momo 8 is muffled ( however the earphone outlet is easily available when the tablet is secured). These are not major problems and the tablet is well protected in travelling and while charging. I keep the cover on while using the tablet. A good buy
on 12 May 2013
Just purchased this item for my new Verso Touchtab DC 8 inch tablet. Item arrived way earlier than I had expected so was really happy. After looking at Ebay and Amazon for a tablet case suitable for a 8 inch tablet I soon realised that there was not a lot available. Most of the cases seem to have plastic spring adjustable clips that accommodate for a range of tablet sizes. However, as I have read in many other reviews of tablet cases, these are not specifically designed for a particular brand/size of tablet and therefore do not seem to provide adequate protection. These cases also only appear to hold the tablet along three edges and many people have complained about the tablet simply falling out! Not what you want to have happen. I therefore settled for this case as it had a few decent reviews. The Belkin case has 4 elastic corner loops that fit over the tablet and hold it securely in place - No chance of it falling out. Not being made specifically for the Verso, I must say it fits really way. The quality appears fairly good, and although a really basic design, it doesn't give the impression of being a really cheap case. As it is only a generic case there are a couple of down sides. Firstly, because the Verso speaker is on the back of the tablet, once it is in the case it severly muffled by the back of the case. However, I fixed this by putting two little adhesive sponge pads on the case near where the speaker is located on the tablet. Once the tablet is fixed back onto the case this lifts the back of the tablet away from the case creating a small gap that means you can actually hear the speaker as normal. I have read that someone else cut a bit of the inner lining of the case away so that the speaker had room to function correctly. Either method would work fine. Secondly, there is no hole for the rear camera of the Verso, so if you wanted to use it you would either have to cut a small hole or take the tablet out of the case - not a big issue though. Lastly, you might find that elastic straps obscures the front camera, to fix this you just need to adjust the tablet a little off centre in the case or slide the elastic strap a little over the coner of the table. Again, this is only a minor thing. Overall I am really happy with having chosen this case. You can't beat the value for money. Just noticed it has gone up in price, got mine for £6.95.
Hope this review helps someone.
on 21 November 2011
Ordered this item on the Sunday afternoon and it arrived by the next day with free 'Prime' delivery. I only wanted a cheap cover for my 8inch A1CS tablet as I dont like using the keyboard case that came with it. So having spent lots of money trying to get the perfect case and cover to fit it....I decided to order this one and so glad I did. It fits perfectly and I can even slip it into one of my other sleeves for further protection. I'm so pleased with it that I have ordered another one at the same price of £1.99p. So if like me you have the same tablet and dont want to use the keyboard case then I would order one of these.
on 2 May 2013
I've seen a couple of reviews questioning the aesthetic appearance - and they're pretty well right. It doesn't look like leather, in fact when it was still in its bag it looked more like canvas. It's probably not likely to stand up to day in / day out use, but - BUT - it was £6!

All of that said, I've an 8" tablet. It fits, it's protected, doesn't look like it's going to fall out. Job done.

I do think on a lot of these reviews price should be considered. Hap I paid £20 I'd have been disappointed, but for £6, I'm happy.
on 24 July 2013
It is what it is; protects my new Ployer Momo mini, has room to spare but does hold it securely The holding strap would have better with Velcro I feel but at the end of the day was bought to protect the tablet and it does that at a cheap price. A few say it says Android on the case, mine came as shown with the Belton name....not sure if the different name is a different case.