This is great stuff for keeping your washing machine and dishwasher in tip top condition.

I had to have a Hotpoint engineer out to replace a filter seal and during the visit he gave me a sachet of this to try. Not only is it a descaler, but it also removes soapy deposits from the machine. I now use this once a month and it keeps the machine smelling as fresh as it can and hopefully it's keeping the insides in tip top condition and thus extending their lifespan and keeping them as efficient as possible.

I also use it on the dishwasher for the same reasons.

All that said though, a bag of soda crystals for a pound also has the same cleaning potential but isn't specifically designed for the task but each to their own.

One thing I didn't realise though speaking to the engineer is that a 30 degree cycle is a false economy in so much as the water doesn't get hot enough to clear soapy deposits etc so in the long run it may shorten your machines life span. Not to mention clothing cleans better at 40.
on 10 April 2013
We use these sachets in both our washing machine and dishwasher once a month. Not only does it keep the machines clean but also eliminates any nasty smells. We have tried cheaper unbranded alternatives previously but they have not been as effective
on 29 October 2012
well at last - a washing machine door and seal, 18 months old, with no unsightly spotty black mildew. I have used it once a month since I bought the machine and it still looks like new. my mum said it doesn't get rid of it if it is already there tho!
on 1 August 2013
Thought I was going to have to replace my washing machine as the washing was getting marks on it and it turned out the seal was dirty and mouldy. It was a build up of detergent. We have soft water here so cannot comment on the lime scale aspect of the product. Used it once as directed and the seal was so much cleaner, twice and it was perfect. Since thee are ten sachets in the box this is value for money. My clothes don't get any more marks on and I like that it is a dual product for he dishwasher too although I haven't used it in that yet. The only disappointment is that it didnt get rid of the damp smell straight away and took two goes but hey ho it was good Nd saved me from buying a new machine or replacing the seal.
on 4 July 2016
Does the job better then the ones on the market and much cheaper each shachet measured for you and non of the loose powder stuff, can be used in dishwashers as well as washing machines would recommend.
on 19 September 2012
this is the second time we have bought this product it does what it says on the box it is a must for your washing machine or dish washer my only gripe is the way it is sent to you it is only in a plastic bag so the product can be damaged easly I would recomend this to any body
on 9 September 2013
This cleaner is reasonably priced and does seem to work, so I would definitely recommend it.

Having just recently moved into my first proper home, I was a bit shocked to find that the washing machine had apparently been left damp for a few months in the empty unheated house and had become completely covered in mould (the detergent drawer, drum, door seal... everything was coated and black). After a lot of scrubbing, rinsing and several maintenance runs, it was still looking and smelling a bit dodgy, and I was even considering replacing the whole machine when I started scouring Amazon for a decent washing machine cleaner.

Going almost entirely on previous reviews, and since the product information specifically mentioned killing bacteria and being suitable for all brands (I don’t have a Hotpoint/Indesit machine), this cleaner essentially became my last shot before having to give up and shell out another couple hundred on a replacement washing machine.

Thankfully (as you might have guessed from the four star review...) that final resort wasn’t necessary. Even just after one cycle with this and my machine was smelling much much better, and the mould on the door seal that I hadn’t been able to reach when scrubbing was mostly cleared.

Of course it’s not a miracle product, but I wasn’t expecting it to be. One of the reasons it worked so well I think was because it followed a great deal of careful cleaning by hand. And despite that, it did still take a couple of washes before I stopped needing to inspect clothes for marks/residue and pick things out for extra rinsing. That said, I doubt most people will be using this for such serious cleaning, but likely more for regular maintenance and clearing detergent build up - so if it works on my mould that’s a very good sign! As another reviewer mentioned, I can’t see whether it’s cleared limescale from the inner pipes etc. of course, but everything appears to be working without problem.

Considering the state of my machine when I first moved in, this cleaner has been great and I can now wash my clothes without worry!
on 27 August 2016
they arrived early as usual and well packed, used the first sachet today and I can smell the difference straight away so I'll be using these in my washer forever and I'm very happy to recommend these to anyone, just remember to use one sachet every month, I just use the same date, to keep the stink away, I've used these for about 7 years now so buy them they really do work
on 19 November 2013
has kept the smell and limescale build-up at bay would reccomend this product ,easy to use and efficient and cheap
on 14 July 2016
Decent cleaner for dish washer and washing machine. As it's cheaper than market leader, it's well worth it. I use it on both machines, once a month and it's working well. No musty smell anymore from either even though both machines are over 6-7 years old.