on 9 May 2017
Despite some verbosity of the age and repetition of the message, I was enthralled by the intuitive depictions of so many characters, the author's ability to keep the reader up to date with the characters' intentions, whilst at the same time creating interesting suspense as each intrigue unravelled. He has the ability to make the reader feel they are participating in the events of the time. Very enjoyable.
on 5 September 2017
Such a fabulous resource. One can immerse oneself in Trollope's wonderful stories for the rest of one's life with this kindle book.
on 9 March 2017
looking forward to reading
on 12 June 2017
Excellent
on 14 April 2017
Trollope is my alltime favorite writer.
on 31 March 2012
I discovered these Delphi complete works editions shortly after I was given a Kindle for Christmas and was looking for an inexpensive way to fill it. I've always enjoyed reading Victorian fiction and 'The Classics' and I'm slowly working my way through a degree course in English Literature. Add to that my complete lack of any regular disposable income whatsoever (Kindle books aren't cheap of course) and the fact that these 'classics' are mostly now in the public domain - (they can be downloaded / read free and legally) it made sense to fill up the Kindle for next to nothing with books I knew I would enjoy and that would also benefit my studies. So - if they are free to download, why pay Delphi? The answer is simple - most completely free versions of books I have seen have no contents or chapter guide and can be poorly formatted and prone to error. The people at Delphi have gone to great pains to gather together these exhaustive complete works collections all in one neat little download, with illustrations,full contents list - for the collection as a whole and for each individual book, easy navigation to your novel, short story, play, poem etc of choice and an excellent attention to chronology, plus plenty of relevant bonus texts, criticisms, author biographies etc. In my opinion, just a couple of pounds paid for this incredible labour of love is an unbelievable bargain. Delphi also have, via their own website, a very responsive, friendly and efficient customer service department who respond promptly and personally to any queries raised.

At this price the temptation is to download as many of these collections as your Kindle memory can hold - I have bought seven so far and already I have enough to read to last me a lifetime - in fact that is the only problem with the Delphi collections - trying to decide what to read next!

I have singled out the Trollope collection as it is one of the newer ones and nobody has reviewed it as yet. I read most of 'The Warden' over two daunting trips to the dentist recently so the memories are fresh in the mind.

My thanks to Delphi for these incredible collections and I look forward to many more.
11 Comment| 72 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 13 October 2012
For years I confused Anthony Trollope with Thomas Hardy, assuming Trollope to be, like Hardy, a writer of long, depressing books about life's unfairness. In fact he's not - his books are certainly long (as many Victorian novels were), but on the whole they seem to be rather jolly, and he has a light, humorous style. I bought this compilation after enjoying "The Three Clerks" (apparently his most autobiographical novel), and although I'm finding his Barsetshire novels a bit less lively, I'm sticking with it.

This enormous compilation (571,000 Kindle locations!) is well put together, with a comprehensive table of contents and a mountain of material (sketches, biographies, travel writing) beyond Trollope's novels. It's worth the purchase price to have them all 'bound' together, saving you the time of tracking them down individually. However it does also highlight some drawbacks to using these huge files on Kindle. You can't tell how far you are through a book because the percentage indicator shows your progress through the whole compilation, and if you forget which novel you're reading (which can happen if you leave it for a while) it's not easy to find out. Perhaps Amazon could introduce individual book titles and percentages within compilations (if it hasn't already in its updated Kindle format).

Overall though this volume is excellent value.
on 28 December 2012
Great story but this download missed out sections of the book so I kept on losing bits of the story!!!!!!!!
on 3 September 2012
One of the benefits of being a Kindle user is that you can get hold of many, many older books for very little cash. I like this series of classics because they're well-formatted, without too many of the dreadful typographical glitches that can bedevil other editions. Trollope is one of my favourite novelists, so buying this book was a no-brainer. The only thing I'd improve is the navigation - this, like others I've bought, doesn't include those 'markers' along the bottom bar on screen, which personally I find useful.
on 6 May 2016
The actual text is good, compared with many of these omnibus offerings. The problems lie in navigation. I spent ages getting to the particuar book that I want to read and, once there, you don't want to leave to look at something else in case you never get back. Better to buy book by single volumes.