on 14 January 2012
Greetings from across the pond...

I live in the U.S. and this movie I've been waiting patiently for it's blu-ray release in the U.S. When I discovered that it was available here at the UK site, I had to order it straight away. I had seen all of these movies at a cinema back when I was in my early teenage years. I'm also still waiting for the original '60s film masterpiece THE HAUNTING which isn't available anywhere on blu-ray. Another film from this period that I also love was THE INNOCENTS. I purchased THE INNOCENTS from Amazon UK but it is a Region B release. Luckily I have a Region-Free blu-ray player so I can enjoy these films long as my player keeps working.

Getting back on track I had seen a superb Hi-Def transfer of this film on one of the Hi-Def Movie channels from my cable company. The transfer was absolutely the best I could ever have expected. When the blu-ray of this title arrived from Amazon UK I couldn't wait to pop it in and get ready for this hi-def film.

I was NOT one bit disappointed. On the contrary it was as good and probably far better than what I had seen on of the movie channels. There are a full range of black and white throughout the film. It definitely appears to have been remastered with loving care. The transfer is simply gorgeous - very clean which really shows off the fine work of the director of photography (the cinematographer). The sound is equally top-rate and this blu-ray is REGION-FREE.

If you are lover of classic thrillers without all the gore shown in most of today's films... then this blu-ray is a must own.

In the short time I've had this disc, I've seen it 4 times. It's one of those rare films that is great to watch multiple times without it getting stale.

I highly recommend this blu-ray and thank Amazon UK for making it available to purchase from outside the UK.
on 24 May 2017
Good- thank you.

RWW
on 14 December 2017
Xmas watching
on 3 March 2017
great film
on 27 September 2017
good
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 October 2017
Good dvd with clear English /American actor voices. Great story line/
on 23 June 2017
Great movie
on 4 April 2017
magik film good service
on 25 September 2017
Loved the original excellent service
on 18 July 2017
Thrilling from start to finish, better than the remake.