on 13 August 2013
Jonathan starts off the eBook by saying that most people these days are used to using a GUI and not a shell(terminal, command prompt) or whatever you wish to call it. It's true. Me included. I much prefer a GUI but as a Computer tech/geek - it's kinda important to know how to control your PC with commands. I'm approx 30-40 pages into the book and I've learned quite a few commands that I didn't know existed. This is a no-nonsense reference guide and I would have happily paid a few quid for it! Well worth the price.
2 people found this helpful
on 8 July 2017
A simple concise and a quick reminder from your DOS days. Useful when you can't recall a switch or two.
One person found this helpful
on 19 February 2014
I got this for a friend who is a reformed luddite but it was too basic and lacking in explanation for them to of been for much user (so I'm glad I got the Kindle version to lend to them).

If you've never touched a computer and you really want to know the absolute basics of the MS CLI then it would be okay.

My suggestion would be to just read the Wikipedia entry for the MS CLI.
on 2 April 2018
downloaded on kindle, good ref guide
on 4 July 2016
Bought it on Kindle very easy read I struggled to put it down and it was a privce point no body could complain about :)
on 7 March 2018
a simple beginning
on 31 January 2014
This is only for those seeking to do more with their computer and is not recommended for the internet surfer and amateur.
You can damage your computer if you get some of these commands wrong. But if you want to know more about your computer, how it works and what it can do then this is the book for you.
on 13 February 2018
good
|0Comment|Report abuse
on 17 August 2013
interesting at a novelty book to read but id be too scared to try out most things since you can really damage the computer but all in all it was very interesting and makes want to delve deeper into programming and computer science.
One person found this helpful