Customer reviews

on 8 July 2017
A simple concise and a quick reminder from your DOS days. Useful when you can't recall a switch or two.
on 2 May 2016
Minimal jargon in the early chapters
Clear instructions
Would be useful for those using Windows command line for the first time.
on 9 February 2012
I'm used to doing basic networking commands via CMD, however I never really got into using the full potential of CMD. This book is great at teaching the basics, as well as making you feel comfortable navigating around CMD.

This book doesn't teach you every single thing, but does cover many important topics. For 75p it is really great value for money!
on 13 August 2013
Jonathan starts off the eBook by saying that most people these days are used to using a GUI and not a shell(terminal, command prompt) or whatever you wish to call it. It's true. Me included. I much prefer a GUI but as a Computer tech/geek - it's kinda important to know how to control your PC with commands. I'm approx 30-40 pages into the book and I've learned quite a few commands that I didn't know existed. This is a no-nonsense reference guide and I would have happily paid a few quid for it! Well worth the price.
on 17 August 2013
interesting at a novelty book to read but id be too scared to try out most things since you can really damage the computer but all in all it was very interesting and makes want to delve deeper into programming and computer science.
on 13 October 2012
This was a good introduction to an otherwise scary world for non-techies such as I, a tad too many typos, so I guess that's how bugs work a little, the conversational style was very helpful, geeks rule I guess!
on 26 March 2013
taught me a lot and made my computer use a bit easier being able to get it to do what I want and not what windows want. Bit heavy going and tricky to follow in a few places but overall a very handy guide
on 27 August 2013
If, like me, you've been fiddling about with Windows since 3.1, you'll probably have forgotten how powerful the command line can be.
This little gem reminds you of how to do things simply and easily - from finding files to changing IP configuration.
on 28 June 2013
Do not be put off by the low cost of this book, it is worth every penny. If you have a little bit of technical savvy you will find it useful
on 4 January 2012
As you can see in the title this book is only good for beginners . I would really love to learn more about networking and remote management but this book only explains very basic functions. I suggest readin it to everyone as its short and straight to the point. I will now move to a much more advanced book. Unless you need windows comman line I would not suggest learning it to anyone. learn linux terminal as its the most powerful command line.
44 Comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse