Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Learn more Click Here Shop Kindle Learn More Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's Learn more Shop now Learn more

on 27 April 2017
I have been intending obtaining a cd copy of this album for some time now my original vinyl copy was not a good pressing being a typical massed produced pressing and who knows what generation master tape, also, someone managed to walk off with it many years ago when we had a party in the house. (This is a much better cleaner production)
on 14 September 2017
Ummagumma is good for the live tracks, including Roger Water's blood curdling scream on, 'Careful with that Axe, Eugene.' The studio stuff is either pretentious or forgettable. A band lacking in direction, perhaps, at this time.
on 20 August 2017
Experimental Floyd. You need to be a dedicated fan to fully appreciate this album. Not the choice for a first Pink Floyd album
on 5 October 2017
Some of these classic tracks still sends shivers down my spine & raises goose bumps on my arms. I fully accept that I'm an old timer but don't think Floyd have ever done better.
on 23 August 2017
I'm a Floyd fan, so what else is there to say.
on 17 June 2017
This is a difficult one to sum up, because at least a quarter of it is arrant nonsense, yet at least two-thirds is just about my favourite Floyd listening experience. Certainly, the live album is precisely that - definitive renditions of four of their psychedelic hot-spots, above all 'Astronomy Domine' (the repeated first verse compared to the studio take elevates it beyond, ahem, the stratosphere). The studio stuff is an expression of hubris, less than 3 years into their recording career and only two albums after losing Syd, and doesn't it show. Mason in particular needn't have got out of bed, whilst Waters' 'Several Species...' takes recorded self-indulgence to new and rarely equalled levels. And yet, his 'Grantchester Meadows' is charming and evocative, evoking one of my personal favourite places in England on a lazy summer day most picturesquely. Menwhile, Gilmour's 'Narrow Way' is rather decent, with its 3 parts in turn an effects-driven acoustic piece, a menacing sub-Black Sabbath central section, and then the extraordinary 3rd part in which he virtually invents the sound of classic future Floyd on his own, a fact which is still under-emphasised in readings of the Floyd story. In summary, I can't think of any album which more runs the spectrum between 5 star and zero star material as 'Ummagumma'.
on 6 August 2014
I had the vinyl version of this when I was a student and wanted to hear it again. I preferred the live tracks. My favourite track of all time is Echoes (Meddle album) and I could hear some bits on the studio album which reminded me of it. It was a nostalgic journey for me. In my view not a classic, but what do I know because I don't really enjoy Dark Side of the Moon!!
on 15 May 2007
I feel sorry for all those sad 'reviewers' who only discovered Pink Floyd after they became rich. easy-listening muzak. Listen to them when they had something new to say. I might be biased because I saw all this live back in the olden days - but it still cuts it.
44 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 October 2015
If you follow ( or `like`) Pink Floyd then you must include this album.
on 10 June 2017
Not The Floyd's best album but still a "must have" for me.