on 4 March 2013
All of Sherryl Woods books are a really good read, no swearing, violence or embarassing passages, even my 94 year old mother has found them relaxing, so far I have purchased half of the Chesapeake series and will shortley be purchasing the rest of the series. Brilliant.
on 3 February 2014
Quite interesting up to her ususal standard. Mind I felt at times it was far fetched and could not be strictly true. The head of the family returns to Ireland with all her family, after 60 years. She arrives at a small shop she knew before she left, and looks round and remembers it clearly. I felt that surely after 60 years, and the the owner is a very wealthy man now, surely there would be changes she wouldnt have recognised. Dublin like the rest of the country will have changed considerably in 60 years, this shop probably not even there. Come on Sherryl make it at least believable, I know its a novel but......................
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 July 2012
This is the second title in this series which uses Christmas as the setting and combines it with romantic stories about the characters. In this book the O'Brien family (who are obviously not short of a bob or two) all travel to Ireland to revisit the childhood haunts of family matriarch Nell. Fortunately, although they drive on the other side of the road in Dublin there appear to be no other differences between the cultures and the O'Briens fit in well with Nell revisiting an old flame.

This book is teeth achingly sentimental in places (Christmas seems to do that to this author) but it is nice to get a resolution to the Laila and Matt story (even though I am still of the belief that you probably cannot get a licence to marry in Ireland if neither of you are citizens and one of you doesn't even know about it !). I liked the new characters of Dillon and his family and there were some interesting developments in the lives of existing characters.

This book was more insubstantial than many of the others in this series and the author failed to use the different background to its full potential.
on 30 March 2013
I enjoyed very much it. Difficult to stop reading and I always wanted to know more about the characters of the story.
on 26 December 2016
Having read most of the series I was disappointed in this. For me it was tedious. A slog. I kept trying to read it but every few pages would look to do something else. Not much story just loads of angst and introspection. I just can't deal with pages and pages of people discussing their feelings and relationship. Repetitive. Nothing much happens in 256 hundred pages. See low reviews Amazon.com. Would be 2* but for the fact the writing and grammar itself was ok. Just the content drove me to distraction.
on 1 November 2013
Another episode of family life the way we would all dream of. A fairy tale ending and so the saga carries on
on 6 February 2014
Have read all of the chesapeake shores books now, couldn't wait to get to bed (where I do most of my reading) thoroughtly enjoyed all of these books and will be reading more by this author.
on 27 October 2013
LOVELY FAMILY SAGA. GOOD PEOPLE WHO MAKE THE RIGHT DECISIONS EVENTUALLY. COMMUNICATION IS ALWAYS A PROBLEM IN LIFE. THANK GOODNESS OR BOOKS WOULD ONLY BE A FEW PAGES LONG!
on 13 March 2014
Have read quite a lot of Sherryl Woods books on the O'Brien family and am a third of the way through this one and its as interesting as usual.
on 14 March 2015
Have enjoyed all the books in this series and am enjoying the new book that I am ready now in