Customer reviews

1,570

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 June 2016
This is a well-made, good quality top - by Fruit of the Loom. It's lightweight, yet durable and warm. It's a comfortable sweatshirt, and after a year of regularly wearing it I can say that its colour doesn't fade.

I ordered an XXL (as I've a 50" chest). It's quite loose, and I'd probably fit in an XL. As such, there's no need to worry about whether this piece of clothing is going to be large enough!

Given its price (about £7), it's very reasonable. I can highly recommend it.
on 19 February 2016
For the price £3-5 what's not to like? They are comfortable to wear and reasonably warm. I would comment that the length is a little shorter than expected and the arms on a coloured one of these has shortened a bit in the wash, even on cold (30'c). The neck fits nice and snug as opposed to other brands which has neck holes the size of toilet seats. They look allright and for the money, i would buy again.

Amendment: Ok so after washing the items again on COLD (totalling about 3 washes since purchase) The items have shrunk further in that the sleeves have shortened and so has the length of the body. I have to amend my stars from 4 to 1. The jumpers are no good now as they look stupid.
on 26 October 2014
I bought some in Medium, that seemed to fit around the waist (just) a little tight fitting around the chest, arms too short.
I bought some in Large, okay fit around chest, seem like an XXL on the waist and still arms are too short. I hoped washing them and stretching arms out a little would help, but no..

I definitely wouldn't purchase these again (I wonder if they are seconds).

I only bought them for when I help out with my lads football team,, but I cant wear them!
on 17 February 2017
Excellent jumper for the low price. I'm a 42'chest, typically Large fits me and this is true for this jumper. Material inside isn't overly soft, but cannot fault it for looks and fit. No loose stitching, what stitching I can see is very neat. Just your typical fitting jumper. Neck isn't tight. Cuffs are elasticated just right. Black colour looks smart. Overall well worth buying!

Bought from ETHIC-STAR Limited seller for £5.84, ordered Monday, arrived Friday.
on 28 December 2016
I'm a female size 10 UK and bought a medium, the fit is loose but not baggy. Very comfortable to wear indoors, it's not thick not thin either, somewhere in between and surprisingly warm. The delivery was super speedy. I am about to order more and try out other colours, I'm thinking about ordering a large for the baggy look.
on 20 March 2014
From quite early in its life, the colour of this item faded significantly, especially around the edges of cuffs and collar areas. On one cuff in particular, the initial bottle green has become a pale yellow brown colour towards the edge. It is most disappointing, indeed very unsatisfactory, to have the appearance of a product deteriorate in this way - such that it cannot really be worn outside the home.

The question is, of course: are all the bottle-green sweatshirts subject to this fading - or was mine just one from a limited-run faulty batch? Either way, the response from Team South West was totally unsympathetic, saying “this is quite simply wear and tear with normal usage” (they do not accept returned items after more than 28 days – nice people to deal with eh!!).
on 21 September 2016
My husband already has 4 of these. These are the only tops that fit him in the sleeve, they are not too long nor is the length. He is quite short and has to order a large because of a big tummy. He has 2 grey ones which he never leaves off hence buying another one this year and am about to order a couple more. Was not keen on the royal blue or maroon as the colours seem to streak. For the price I think excellent value and wash well
on 25 December 2016
Quality wise excellent, however my hubby usually has a XL even though at best he's a L, and this came up small on him so order at least two maybe even three sizes bigger than what you actually need! Otherwise a good investment.
on 7 November 2014
I'll not be too picky, seeing as I paid ~£7 for it. The neck is VERY high - worn with a shirt/tie combo underneath, only the very top of the tie-knot is visible, the collar has to be "folded" over the neck as well. Size-wise, it's on the neat side. Not so much as I'd recommend going up a size, but it is tight fitting compared to other garments of the same stated size. Finally, there is some "rub off" of material, I wore a white shirt underneath this and ended up with a blue fury shirt when I took the jumper off.
It's decent for what it is, and it only costs pennies.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 16 January 2014
This may bear the F of TL label but I doubt it is genuinely so in that it has been made on licence or perhaps copied. My reasoning is that I have bought and used FOTL for many years. This shirt falls very short of the quality that I would expect. I got XXL and is close to what I would expect size wise but am disappointed to be able to say the sleeves are short and that the many comments about short sleeves are totally accurate. The material is very thin / lightweight. I do not expect it will wear anywhere close to that which can be anticipated for the "real" item. Saving grace is the low price and that I was buying this intent for use under a jacket in our lovely UK weather.