on 11 January 2016
Just received this in the post now in good packaging and arrived on time. I bought it to charge My Samsung Galaxy S4 mini and it works fine (looking at it charge My phone right now). It arrived with 70% charge in it already which is brilliant! You can tell how much charge it has by the circular light (you can see in the picture).
It has a good weight to it and You can tell it is a very good quality product.
All of the reviews in here have given Me confidence in buying this as My first power bank, and I need it for when I go away for a few days later in the week.
I haven't used it long enough to really say as it's only just arrived but I'm sure this product won't let Me down. Great price for the product. I would Definitely Recommend this.
on 6 August 2013
I have just bought the Anker Astro 5600. Rather than review it per se (lots of reviews below) I thought I would give a quick guide to buying external batteries for your iphone etc.
My phone, like everyone else's dies by tea time so if I'm out for business or a day trip during the summer with the kids I need a quick recharge.
I was recently in Rome and my iphone was almost dead. I committed the gravest of sins. When no-one was looking I stole electricity in the Vatican (of all places). I was waiting in the Raphael rooms and there was no guard so I plugged my iphone in. I'm going to hell (but it saved the day).
To save all this you need a battery and you should follow this guide:

1 There are hundreds of makes batteries but most of them are the same - Anker seems just as good as any other.

2 Each make does lots of different versions. In short - the more mAh the heavier it is. So if you only need it for the day like me the max you will need is 5000 mAh. If you are mad enough to go to Glastenbury you will need more - like 10000 (but you won't mind the weight presumably because you will leave it in your tent). This is a great example of different products for different lifestyles - decide what you need it for and buy.

3 All the batteries tell you how it charges something else but few tell you how to charge IT. Particularly it wasn't clear that you will need to buy an AC charger to charge the battery. I bought a Belkin. That means that on a night before a day trip I can charge my phone, my wife's phone (as usual) and the battery without needing a PC. The cable you use when charging is a usb on one side (goes into the AC charger) and mini usb on the other side. Anker supplies this cable as you can see.

4 Enjoy your day out/camping

Hope this was useful in whatever you buy.
on 8 September 2014
We are all carrying more and more devices with us and batteries do seem to run out at the worst of moments. Some companies even charge massively for backup batteries and even then those batteries will only work with the device they are brought for.

I have found the Anker Astro 5600mAh power pack to be a life safer of many occasions. I do not find it heavy and it's nicely sized so i keep it in my pocket when i go out. Often on a busy day my iPhone will run out of battery, or my camcorder when i really want to film something. This is not a problem anymore since i am able to charge on the go.

Surprisingly the battery charges devices very quickly, but once the Anker battery needs recharging itself it can take a while. I suggest charging the Anker battery over night, that way you are guaranteed full charge for the day ahead. You can use this battery to supply power to anything that uses USB to charge, simply by plugging the usb cable into the battery, and then connecting your device to the same cable. Pressing a button then activates the charging process.

You also have use of a torch that's built into the device. This is very useful if you even need a torch on your journeys. I highly recommend this product to pretty much anyone. You never know when you'll need more power while outside and this gives it to you.
on 20 December 2015
30-12-15 I've upgraded this review to ***** because of Anker's amazing customer service. I was contacted within 24 hours of the review and within a couple of days, the matter has been resolved, very positively, promptly, politely and to my complete satisfaction. See below. WOW...!

TBH, a bit disappointing. I own a number of Anker products and have found them mostly excellent (and Anker's customer service excellent). But this battery only charged my iPad Air 2 from 18% to 59% after a full charge. I'm not expecting miracles from a 6700 mAh device, but I expected something more like 80% or more. Will try it again and see if I get the same sort of performance, but for the first time, I'm less than impressed.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 November 2013
Buy it! We do a lot of traveling and find this item indispensable. It holds a very large charge, brilliant for charging all sorts of stuff. The torch, which we rarely use, is incredibly bright and apparently lasts for days. So usefull.
on 13 December 2015
I received my Anker battery a couple of weeks ago. After less than brilliant performance from it I was dealing with Anker support.

Their support is brilliant. They've been quick to respond and very friendly. The end result is that I have a new device that is working perfectly. Anybody can have a faulty unit. That's acceptable. What they do when you receive the faulty unit to resolve the issue is what makes the difference to the customer. I'd recommend Anker to anybody looking for a battery.

The unit itself is very neat. It's compact and tidy. I bought it with the aim of giving me at least one extra full charge on my phone when I'm travelling. So it'll do that easily.
It's very easy to use. Use your standard phone charger to charge it up. When you want to charge your USB device just plug it in to the battery. There's a big white indicator which shows the amount of battery left. So that's it. It does exactly what it says on the tin.
on 28 November 2014
I am often caught out and about with the phone down to 1%. This power pack is the answer. Small enough to fit in a pocket, with loads of power and quick to recharge. I have one and bought one for the wife. She loved it, but 'apparently' a 25th wedding anniversary gift should be silver.
on 28 January 2015
Having had a number of different portable battery boosters for my mobile phones a friend recommended this one to me. I have had it for almost a year now and it is the best one that I have bought. I holds it charge and I have charged my ipad and iphone from it and left enough charge to top up my phone. Well recommended.
on 11 February 2016
it does the job but not spectacularly. It charges my s6 quickly which is good but you can not longer easily find out how much charge is left in the battery. There's no button to trigger the battery level meter which means you have to connect it to something to find out - inconvenient. Also if you only have one plug and you are trying to charge the battery from a wall socket and a phone by connecting to the battery at the same time, the battery level meter gives confusing signals.
on 27 May 2016
I have the first generation of this charger. Purchase about 2 years ago, I know I'm a bit late with my review but better late than never. The first one lasted about 6 months and then the charge started to fail. Not get when you work on remote locations and the director asks you to call someone and your phone dead! I got a replacement which I'm still using and shill holds it's charge. From a full charge I can charge my iPhone and half my iPad which I think is good when you get caught out without a power source.