Customer reviews

Kensington Combination Ultra Laptop Lock

on 30 March 2015
Pretty good. Obviously a really determined thief could remove any lock if suitably equiipped (e.g. bolt cutters) but this lock protects very well against casual opportunistic theft nand I'm glad I bought it for my student daughter.
on 2 August 2017
Fits well on iMac 21.5"
on 1 July 2017
Good product - does what it says.
on 4 October 2017
Very good product, exactly as described.
on 26 October 2014
Does what it pretends. But...
What Kensington does not say, is that even their fattest cables can be super-easily cut at once with a good one-hand (yes, one-hand) bolt cutter or piano wire cutter (for example the Knipex or Felco ones).
So do not expect any real security. I bought this for a friend that insisted to have one. When he stopped using it after a few weeks, I demonstrated him a proper, 2-second cut with a wire cutter that fits in one hand and can be bought in all DIY shops for less than a tenner.
Take your conclusions.
on 24 March 2017
on 1 July 2017
everything just works they are kind of fun though,overall I am very satisfied with it Super fast shipping! highly recommend! great product From what I received the goods now use without any problems, everything as I expected, like, size is also very appropriate. it's cheap. Totally worth it.
on 11 April 2014
No, I'm not a retired (or current) thief but the security of this lock is very dubious. Using an old schoolboy trick combining closed eyes and feel I managed to unlock this on my second attempt! To make sure I wasn't somehow subconsciously cheating I asked my son to set a new combination that I didn't know, then unlocked on my first attempt. A key version would be much more secure but less convenient. I just hope that should anyone break into my house they didn't go to my old school (no it wasn't an approved school!").
on 29 May 2016
blah, words
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 July 2017
No text instructions, only headlines.
Ambiguous and partly unreadable graphical pictures with insufficient detail on how to use the (non-supplied) equipment necessary to set the combination. Maybe it's because I'm not a picture person.
No indicated video instructions on internet from company.
No indicated other guidance from company.
following internet searches I found some customer videos available, for significantly different models, helpful only to a point.
No indication of what yellow tab is for.
Can change the combination, but only if you go and buy your own external equipment as pictured in instructions. Never mind, perhaps the company's on the edge of chapter 11 so can't afford to include the paperclip in the basic kit.
No doubt it's fine for people who've seen it demonstrated or are recently familiar with the company's products.
One star because I got it to work. (ok I liked the button when I figured out what it did, but that's counterbalanced by still no having no clue what the yellow tab is for, how to move it as indicated, and what it does when moved)
Would have added a star for doing the fundamental job of security, but subtracted again because the best and clearest videos you find on the internet are the ones put up by (presumably) thieves teaching other thieves how to crack the company's combinations in minutes. No idea if the techniques work on this particular model but I'd expect the company to make some statement on which models are secure and which are not. In the absence of that, res ipsa loquitur...