Customer reviews

Neverwhere
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 3 March 2017
What an absolute gem of a read, the other London, amazing imagery; you can smell and taste the descriptions. Interesting characters and loyalty tested to the full. Neil Gaiman is now on my favourite authors list.
on 29 September 2017
I read this book on the Kindle. A nonsensical but enjoyable read.I had not come across Neil Gaiman until someone gave me American Gods as a gift, a book that I thoroughly enjoyed. I will be reading more of his tales in the future.
Some great and fanciful characters in this story, a dark fairy-tale and romance.
on 20 May 2017
Oh Neil Gaiman, what wouldn't I give to have an imagination as brilliant as yours? This book is beyond clever it is totally captivating. It has everything - goodies, baddies, cliff-hangers, moments of fear and moments of sheer delight ... and for anyone familiar with London place names, it gives your imagination wings. Suddenly Blackfriars and The Angel Islington have entirely new meanings!
on 19 May 2017
Colourful, original, superbly entertaining fantasy about an undetworld of fantasy creatures under the London we all see and know. I was taken by surprise by this book having read bad omens as a boy and not liking it one bit. I would recommend this to anyone with a co!ourful imagination. 5 stars.
on 19 September 2016
I have been an admirer of Gaiman since reading American Gods and Never where didn't disappoint. I go out into the streets of London checking the cracks for little people. What an imagination to device a completely new world that exists beneath the feeds of Londeners try the novel an be drawn into an imaginary world the you will become to believe exists.
on 28 May 2015
I have thoroughly enjoyed this book and its approach to a 'London below' culture that is the product of a very fertile imagination. Fantasy at its very best, it ceates some very interesting and some very disturbing characters with powers that never cease to amaze. The plot is well crafted and the characters solid and believable, unlike their relationship with 'London above'. Well worth reading, my only slight jibe is at the price.
on 25 May 2017
Probably my favorite book from Mr Gaiman. I have read and re-read it over the years and it never fails to make me look deep in the shadows and the dark corners of London, expecting to see a fantastical parallel world living next to ours. Your ordinary, every day life as a londoner takes a completely different twist. And remember: Mind the Gap.
on 18 June 2017
One of the most astounding books that I have ever read. London place names will never be the same again! Gaiman's exquisite descriptions combine with his unique humour to create this masterpiece.
on 7 March 2017
Neil Gaiman's gift is to turn the conventional world in an odd direction and show you the hidden underside with all its strangeness and wonder, darkness and horror. It follows passive Everyman Richard through a quest through the cryptic society of Under London and the friendships and betrayals that change him permanently. A great read in the tradition of Fowler's Roofworld or Mike Shevdon's Sixty One Nails, and a world I would love to return to!
on 5 March 2017
I loved this book, though gruesome in places I couldn't put it down. The baddies were really bad. The goodies, well they were fascinating characters. I would love to go to the floating market and I totally understand the decision Richard made.