Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 27 June 2017
I cannot get the tv series but intrigued by the trailers, decided to read the book instead. This was a rare wise decision for me. I love this book! The mysterious, magical plot, the fascinating characters with the central main character Shadow the most interesting of them all. I've always loved mythology , so working out who the gods were was part of my enjoyment of the book. My favourites were the Egyptian gods.
on 20 June 2017
Recommended by a friend after I finished never where... I loved every minute of it and barely put the damn thing down. Sometime there is so much going on it seems complicated but it is necessary and it all comes together eventually, in to one amazing storyline and ending.
If you read anything this week read this.... Then watch the series....
on 26 June 2017
I know Neil Gaiman through graphic novels like Miracle Man and The Sandman so when Amazon Kindle suggested American Gods I was already sold.
Blissfully unaware that I was late to the this authors literary party I was intrigued as to wether this could keep me interested but I needn't have worried.
The story unfolds in layers with short asides to flesh out said gods and keeps you turning the page and following Shadow the main character on his fragile journey in which he observes and accepts surreal events where others would not.
I'll definitely be searching out other titles by this author and I'm also excited to have finished the book in time to watch the new tv version.
on 22 June 2017
been watching the series on amazon and just had to buy the book, both are excellent, love that a red book marker is provided to keep the page you finish on. never read anything by this author before, he is an exceptional writer and this is wonderful book.
on 1 May 2017
Another thoroughly enjoyable book by Neil Gaiman. One of my favourite authors. Was a Christmas present from my son - thanks !
on 29 April 2017
Another wonderfully written story, sucks you in and keeps you there to hit you from all directions with twist n turns you knew were coming yet still surprise you..
on 2 June 2017
Great read. Love the premise. Gaiman has achieved what is the most difficult task for any writer, something new. I will say no more or give anything away. If you want a book to get you hooked, this is it.
on 30 March 2017
I really enjoyed this book, 630 pages of quirky, strange and interesting writing about old gods vs new gods. I was waiting for it to step up a notch towards the end which it didn't. However I would still highly recommend it. Another great effort by Neil Gaiman
on 10 March 2017
My first Neil gaiman read and I loved it. What an incredible world he took me to! I'm sad it's over
on 21 March 2014
I bought this accidentally thinking it was English - so it made a fab present for my daughters Spanish teacher