Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

on 23 September 2012
I have Sennheiser HD205, Sennheiser HD419 and now these absolute beauties! By far the best headphones I have ever used with nearly all genres. They are perfect for me, fit my every need perfectly.

The Advantages:
Design is absolutely fantastic
Build quality is top notch
Trebles and mids are spot on
Decent sound cancellation
Doesn't leak any sound
6.3mm Jack adapter
Extension lead
Carry case

The Disadvantages:
Bass seems a little weak
Cable isn't detachable

As you can see, there is a long list of advantages and a short amount of disadvantages. That is always a good way to go.

Unfortunately, people who listen to bass-heavy songs aren't going to make these there first choice. By no means is the bass bad, in actual fact, its much better on here than on HD205's and not far short of that on the HD419(a headphone designed with bass as the primary focus). I listen occasionally to bass heavy songs and it does cope very well. However, for this price you can find better bass in a headphone.

As I have mentioned, the cable isn't detachable. This, of course, isn't a major problem. However it might have been nice on headphones in this price range, as other headphones do have. I doubt whether this will affect your decision at all, but worth keeping in mind.

I will only touch on audio quality, as the rest of the advantages are pretty self-explanatory. I find the audio quality amazing. I think it delivers 'incredible sound detail and clarity' (as described in the product name). I works splendidly with rock, dance, indie, hip hop, classical, techno, drum and bass, rap and dubstep. Some of the latter genres don't work as well as the first, but still fine for the average listener.

In conclusion, a listener with an all-round genre liking with suit these headphones perfectly. They produce fantastic highs and mids and pretty good bass. All with an even balance, creating an all-round headphone. People who prefer more bass may want to look elsewhere, as they aren't specifically designed for that. Overall an incredible set of headphones. Would recommend to just about everyone!
0Comment| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 29 October 2014
Awesome! Love the sound. My only issue is, not that strong base. However, it suits my ears as it doesn't cause pressure at all. Perfect for classical and Pop music.
on 27 April 2013
I like the sound quality, though I'm not a professional.
Headphones are very comfortable around the ears.
Good protection from ambient noise, and no sound leakage.
Very smart design.
They last for very long (previous model 448 lasts for 5+ years now)
on 27 December 2015
Excellent product
on 4 May 2015
Clear sound, no hiss, comfortable over ears: perfect.
on 29 April 2017
Love them!
Thanks.
on 4 June 2017
Had them for 2 years, amazing.
on 9 March 2013
First of all let me compliment Amazon. I ordered these headphones on Thursday at around 2pm, the automated reply stated delivery expected be Wednesday, but this morning (Saturday) they were delivered by Royal Mail, excellent service. Since I opened them I have been trying them on various equipment, home cinema, mobile phone, ipod touch, and tablet. My musical tastes are varied, so I have been listening to opera, blues, classical guitar, country, and the wonderful Adele. All with excellent sound. The headphones are very comfortable, I normally use in the ear buds, so the Sennheisers are a big change. I will update this review when I have had chance to try them out a bit longer. Can't wait so see if they improve after time as other reviewers have stated.
HALL OF FAMETOP 50 REVIEWERon 9 December 2014
Bought this for my iPod as I was looking for something closed back, good efficiency. I honestly was a tad concerned at first because other reviews of this headphone suggested the strong low end was more suited to hard thumping music - which may not have been good for my preferred choices of music. But to my pleasant surprise the low end is pronounced, but not overwhelming. It actually leads to an overall warmer tone for these headphones. By no means would I call this reference / studio standard, but it is certainly very solid, very good quality for the manner in which I am using.

Plenty of efficiency and noise isolation to drown out what I think would be the majority of situations. Haven't tried on a plane yet, given that might be the greatest test, but I think it will give good bang for the buck.

I will put these up against any other headphones in this class and walk away any day. Sennheiser does it again with excellent quality, and excellent value for the money.
on 9 September 2015
I had the sennheiser 201s before this, a set of headphones with an almost legendary status. For £20, those puppies lasted me almost exactly 4 years. They probably would have lasted longer but somehow I broke the cable. Thus, I replaced them with these. Upon first impression, I was quite satisfied. The HD201s have a ridiculous 3m long cable which is more of a pocket hindrance than a help. Those headphones also had wires connected to both earpieces. Alas, no such cable monstrosity here. A much shorter, and one sided, 1.8m cable which is perfect for handheld devices. Another reviewer commented that the cable seemed too thin, and I disagree. These are also super comfy, with none of the tightness present in other sennhesiers.

Sound quality is superb. I really don't know enough technical terms related to audio to accurately describe the sound, so I shall not.
The only reason I'm giving it a 4 star rating, is that apart from the cables, I really cant find much difference between these headphones and the HD201s. I think the bass is a bit deeper, but that is really it. This isn't to say the audio is bad, as I mentioned it is superb. But the 201s are superb aswell. I got these for £30 as I had a £20 discount. Now that I've listened to these I can say that I wouldn't have paid £50 for these. I am happy to pay an extra £10 for the cables being reduced but not an extra £30 (compared to the HD201S) for the audio.