Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.99

on 19 February 2012
I listened to this album endlessly on Spotify and simply can't get enough of this band.

With the female fronted goth/symphonic acts at the point of saturation, it was time for something a little different. I've always appreciated the female vocals fronting metal/rock bands, leather and lace, dark and light... but I have grown tired of the endless Nightwish clones.

Amaranthe at least skate past the symphonic/goth genre and head off into a different territory, there is an almost Euro pop beat going on amongst the jagged guitars and upbeat rhythms. Altogether, there are three vocalists competing for attention and quite effortlessly, whilst the female vocals are quite rightly the main attraction, there is something to be said by having a male clean vocalist and the dude that growls. I quite like the growling and all three vocalists do bounce off of each other. The growling may put people off - understandable, I guess but the balance between the vocalists is so good that the growls are a push in the back that the songs need, even on the sole ballad, there is a small and necessary growl lurking in the background which just opposes the total ballad feel, in a way, challenging the necessity of a ballad altogether.

This is not only one of my favourite albums of recent times but of all time. It does depend what you want but this album has everything for me and I can't recommend it enough. There are enough places to check out tracks before you buy but for me this is one solid album.

All that I need now is Amaranthe to get themselves to the UK for a proper tour.
on 11 September 2013
this new band really caught my attention, i read a reveiw comparing the to lacuna coil and evanescence soi checked them out and to my shock amaranthe are more talented than both of them put together!! in my opinion anyway, if you like fast paced heavy metal with clean male and harsh male vocals you will love this!! if you like melodic metal with amazing female vocals you will love this!! if you like all that plus some electronics and catchy melodies you will love this!! see what i mean? amazing band!! buy their cds and support a new upcoming band that deserve all the success they get!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 16 May 2011
Great mix of different elements from gruff to clean then to female vocals a real discovery where are Kerrang and Metal Hammer this band needs to be on the front cover...
on 20 June 2013
I bought this after listening to the samples for the album.

Nice compliment of vocal styles ranging from male growls, male vocals and excellent female vocals that make all the songs on there listenable to, instead of with some albums you in time dismiss a few to listen to your faves.

The style and content reminds me of the heyday of 80`s rock which in my mind can only be a good thing.
on 31 August 2011
I don't really know why I bought this CD but I did like the video on You Tube. The playing is very good and I like the idea of three contrasting vocalist but it does all blend into one. The band have potential to be a lot better than this CD shows but they need to improve their songwriting, give some change of pace and a rest from the relentless double bass drums.
on 17 October 2011
So, is it just me or does the lead singer look like Amy Lee...?
Anyhow.
It's a good album, I'll give it that - but I think they could have less of the growling. It's great music, and they're gonna go big, but sometimes growling isn't neccessary in certain songs. Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't.
My thoughts are torn on them.
on 14 May 2015
Just played this album for the 1st time after buying it on impulse because of the great reviews i'd read. It was money well spent as i got into the music as soon as it started playing, love the vocals especially on Amaranthine. A great debut album & will be adding more Amaranthe cd's to my collection.
on 2 October 2013
Every song sounds the same, it's nothing but overproduced industry made standard pop metal, and I loathe to even use the word metal. Teeny bopper fabricated garbage. Don't waste your money unless that is what you're looking for.
on 8 March 2014
More of the same from a very good Swedish Band. They have yet to release a track I don't like and I can't stop listening to both albums - an interesting blend of pop and metal that produces really uplifting lively music
on 16 January 2014
The debut album of this amazing rock band, the songs are so passionate it is infectious. A must have for everyone who likes rock, or simply enjoys some good music.