on 24 January 2013
I love nail polish and constantly buy new top coats and base coats. I've found that it's quite difficult to find a base coat that adheres so I looked into this Barry M after using my mums bottle on her nails.
It's actually really good, especially for the price.
As a base coat it dries relatively quickly and makes a nice smooth surface to work on. As a top coat it's very good, as it holds your manicure in place for days (One of my manicures lasted a whole week with no chips!) and has a nice finish.
If you're looking for a super shiny finish for your nails then this isn't it, but it still looks great!
on 1 July 2015
doesn't harden and takes an age to dry! When it finally dries it looks like it worn away. Yet when I've applied a second coat, it gels and stays sticky for around 4/5 hours! You can touch ANYTHING without it leaving an imprint or mark in the substance that's left.
on 22 July 2013
I have been using this as a topcoat and basecoat for years now and its great. Its lasts a lot longer than other nail polishes due to the small metals balls inside that keep the polish moving.
on 13 June 2013
Barry M I do love a lot of Barry M products they are lovely colours but the consistency of application quality is very changeable product to product hence the rating. The top coat always has bubbles in it and that is with Barry M products and other products. Very odd and sometimes frustrating.
on 29 February 2016
Good value, went on a treat, brush goes on smoothly, looks good before you put the colour varnish over it. I used to bite my nails but having something on that makes you feel that you don't want to is good.
on 22 January 2014
I love this. It works well as a base coat to prevent staining from deep colours and helps strengthen nails (altough everyone knows that letting them breathe and regularly moisturising is the key) Keeps nails looking good for days as a top coat.

One thing though, how can amazon charge nearly a fiver for this?! You've been scammed if you buy it from here. It's £2.99 in stores so get out and buy it rather than buying online!
on 18 October 2015
Arrived on time, well packaged. It is a big bottle, applies well on top of nail varnish, stops it from chipping for a couple of weeks, esp when using cleaning stuff and water on nails. I'm getting a 3rd bottle now.
on 1 September 2015
Love it! I've been wearing this for a week now and it has not chipped once! Still wearing it now actually, its very shiny. My only tiny problem is I noticed that there were metal balls in the varnish to keep it moving. However, my one never had them metal balls.
on 30 January 2015
This is great on its own, as a base, and top coat. Prevents those annoying chips in coloured nail varnish! Well worth a purchase if you're a frequent nail painter and don't want to stain your nails with colours.
on 25 July 2013
I have been using calgel/shellac/gelish polishes for a few year and each time I got the gel polishes taken off I had flakey, ridged, peeling nails, due to the fact my nails needed buffed each time the new gel polish went on my own nails were really thin, it was a vicious circle. I love the polished look of gel. I had to go in to hospital for an operation, you cannot have polish on during an op so my gel had to come off. I bought this Barry M 3 in one as a long shot BUT I have I say it REALLY WORKS!!!!! And it is really cheap too! I have used lots of nail products in the past and I have to say this one suits me very well. I have used it as a base coat and it has evened out my nail surface. I am hopeful it will work as well as a top coat. A real wonder product.