on 10 May 2017
Been years since I've watched Angel despite it being one of my favourite shows of all time. I recently got a real urge to watch it again so bought this box set along with the buffy box set(which is also one of my all time faves). I'm currently on season 3 and enjoying it so much. Theres loads of episodes that I had forgotten about and it has been great reliving the ones I remember well. There are so many great memorable characters, obviously theres Angel but the likes of Cordelia, Wesley, Gunn, Spike to name just a few all help to make the series great. I'm now in my mid thirties and love it just as much as when I first watched it in my early 20s and I'll no doubt still love it when I'm in my 50s.
4 people found this helpful
on 22 November 2017
Great to have full series of Angel in one complete box set, this show was groundbreaking and far superior in my mind to Supernatural that came after it, also better Vampire look than that film series Twilight who clearly had no idea they weren't meant to be pretty. If your a fan of Joss Whedon then this is for you. Love new packaging and to get all 5 seasons in one place is brilliant.
on 27 May 2017
A great little boxset. However, the poor spelling on the back of the boxset reduces the value in my opinion. Perhaps its just a little OCD on my behalf, but when reading the boxset I come across words like "danager" instead of "danger". We have "law frim" in place of "law firm", and my personal favourite, "the growing forces of evil". Other than the lack of a spell checker being used when designing this boxset, I am impressed with the additional content and love the show.
2 people found this helpful
on 20 April 2016
Fabulous, that's all I can say. Just fabulous. I watched the show first time around but never seemed to catch any reruns so in many ways this was like coming to it all fresh. Well, almost. The sly wit of Buffy remains but there's a darker tinge. This and Buffy show just how this kind of show should be done. The wannabe 'Charmed' failed miserably. The recent 'Sleepy Hollow' has already lost me as a viewer.
on 28 November 2011
I'm always a bit hesitant going back over favourite old shows - often a crushing disappointment rather than the wonderful nostalgia trip you expected. Thankfully, this is one of the latter. Angel stands up very well against current shows with strong characters and storylines, and imaginative and well-paced direction. The first season is in 4:3 "TV" format, with a few interlaced episodes rather than progressive frames; the rest is in glorious widescreen. I don't remember Glenn Quinn's character being in it for such a short time (S01E09); may be because he died not long after filming, and so Doyle's death carries more significance than it would otherwise. On the whole, brilliant series first time and this time round; and still better than Buffy.
on 3 December 2017
My son is a big fan of Buffy so for all those Buffy fans I would definitely recommend as it’s got loads of your favourite characters in there.
on 31 October 2017
Love this great watching old favourite DVDs come quickly and in good condition very happy
on 2 January 2018
Bought for my partner on his birthday. He loves this show and actually prefers it to Buffy. He binged the whole boxset and loved every second.
on 17 May 2018
This is a product review not a programme review as although re watching is great, the product isn't. Bad spelling on the box, no episode guide and given many years since watched, having to check shouldn't be down to the customer. Hard to remove discs, cheap plastic cases and having to return to main disc menu to select next episode nowadays is ridiculous. Don't recommend.
on 14 October 2017