Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 1 January 2017
Final season to one of the best TV shows of the late nineties; I used to love watching Buffy each week and was so sad when it came to an end. This is an excellent box set - particularly if you can get hold of the original releases - the 'notebook / diary' editions.

If you're a Buffy fan - you probably already have this. If you're not (yet) a Buffy fan, go and buy season one now!
on 15 July 2017
Had the complete set and this one get lost somewhere during a house move. Now I have the full set again.
on 30 April 2017
Loved the series. Shame this is the last season
on 13 May 2017
Thoughtfully done.
on 22 June 2017
Brought nearly all buffy she is very good at being a vampire, lots to watch
on 11 August 2017
i just love buffy
on 30 May 2017
Cheap food con
on 10 May 2017
Love it
on 10 May 2004
After the shockingly poor quality of most of season six, I was expecting season seven to be an equally huge disappointment. Season six had convinced me that the show should have died a graceful death at the end of season five, and I wasn't expecting to have my perception changed during its last season.
Season seven starts slowly, perhaps a little too slowly - but it builds to a fantastic and very satisfying climax. The progression from 'Sunnydale as normal' to the apocolyptic tenseness of the last few episodes is excellently paced for the most part. Really for the first time, we get to see the effect of the world-shattering importance of Buffy's work on the rest of the population. The stark emptiness of Sunnydale at the end is very effective, which contrasts sharply with the limited impact previous apocolypses have had on the 'ordinaries' of the town.
Seasons that followed the third have sometimes suffered from a lack of focus - in the first three seasons the High School was the center of the whole thing and the series concentrated on the high school experienced as viewed through the lense of supernatural phenomena. Other seasons have lacked this solid base of experience. Season seven deals with this by providing Buffy's house as a claustrophobic nexus - the hustle of the household acting as a counterpoint to the desolation of the town.
While the season has some weak moments - particularly relating to glaring plotholes and dangling storylines - it mostly serves as an excellent ending to Buffy's story on our screens. Episodes like 'Conversations with Dead People' and 'Storyteller' manage to transcend the plot and provide genuine insight into the characters involved. Spike's progression from demon with a chip to Angel-Lite has a cathartic conclusion, and the finale, while vaguely unsatisfying in certain respects, provides the closure that a series of this nature desperately needed after season six.
An excellent effort, and a fine way for Buffy to find her much needed rest.
on 11 November 2009
Buffy is not the sort of programming that would normally interest me. I like nice English girl-next-door types, so my intitial sight of Ms Gellar did not attract me.

However, surfing the TV channels one night I came across Buffy and lingered a while. I was hooked by the end of the episode.

I now own all seven series on DVD and I cannot wait for the (inevitable?) Bluray release. If I confess to watching all seven series five times it may give you some idea of the strength of my admiration for this production. And I am not easily pleased.

Ms Gellar is not just a pretty face. She can act big time. And the same goes for the entire cast. Yes, some of the characters are irritating in the extreme (I could have happily done without Jonathan...) but that's all part of the charm. The humour is razor sharp and the scriptwriting impeccable.

This isn't just a TV series, it's a gigantic milestone in TV and I have yet to see anything to equal it. The entire production team and cast should feel really proud of making something really special.

Anyway, I haven't time to sit here writing this. I'm overdue for another 'Buffython'.

PS: Hopelessly in love with 'Willow' by the way, and I'm far too old for that sort of thing......