Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Playlist - Acoustic Christmas Shop now Shop now

on 21 July 2017
Doing it the Buffy way but not necessary the easiest way.
on 30 May 2017
Cheap good con
on 27 April 2017
JUST AS ADVERTISED MANY THANKS
on 7 August 2017
Came in the post in a few days. In excellent condition. My teenage daughter is very happy with it.
on 24 March 2014
Love Buffy and this was perfect! If you're a Buffy fan, you need to buy all seasons but 6 is definitely my favourite.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 13 March 2014
I have recently decided to watch Buffy again from the beginning, this to me is the most irritating season of them all.

Buffy and Spike, WIllow and her whining cold turkey, Dawn screaming all the time get out get out get out, Xander and Anya almost wedding, oh and Giles leaving, the monsters were pants and worst of all are the arch nemisises their words not mine of the 3 amigos being warren, andrew and johnathon.

Once more with feeling was however brilliant and the arrival of Dark Willow kicked total butt, however for me this is the weakest Season.

I like Spike, i just dont like Spike with Buffy.

I was glad when the season was over.
on 15 July 2004
Well I am a relativly new Buffy fan, I have only seen seasons 5, 6 and 7 (however season 1 arrives tommorrow), but I have to say that season 6 is amazing.
The season kicks off with the gang trying to keep vampires at bay with the help of the Buffybot(check out the Bots line just before the credits at the beggining)the episode ends with the gang reeling from the knowledge that Buffy is back from the dead.
This really sets the scene for the realationship between Buffy and Spike this season.
As the season progresses we see each chracter going through their own problems, Tara becomes concerned about Willows use of magic so much so that she eventually leaves her, however they do rekindle their love but it is not plane sailing from then on in, Xander and Anya plan their wedding day but a victim from Anya's vengeance days threatens to put an abrupt end to their special day, Dawn develops Kleptomania due mainly to her feeling alone which comes to a head when they all become trapped in the summers house on Buffy's birthday, Giles feels that Buffy depends on him too much so he leaves for England, and a tumultuous yet passionate relationship between Spike and Buffy ends in tradegdy, leading to Spike seeking his soul.
There are some fantastic episodes in season 6, Life Serial, Tabula Rasa and Normal Again to name but a few. And how can I write a review on Season 6 without mentioning Once more with feeling, an ingenious plot, a quirky script and the catchiest songs since Grease. Definetly my highlight of Season 6.
The unlikely big bad of Season 6 is a close ally of Buffys who is finally defeated thanks to Xander, and a erm, yellow crayon speach.
I loved this season and it leads on nicely to season 7.
A definate 10/10.
on 4 January 2004
Okay, I admit I couldnt wait till July for this to reach our shores in America. And I am shocked with the differences in this 6th season box set for the UK vs 1-5 here in the US. For a start, the packaging is far nicer in this UK set. No need to stretch your arms out again and again with lame and loose accordian packaging- this is a little notebook format with a protective sleeve for each disc- nice!
Whether or not the extras will be the same here I dont know, but they are by far the best ones I've seen on a Buffy DVD: a 45 minute fly on the wall video about making OMWF, an hour-long TV Arts and Sciences panel discussion with Joss, James, Michelle, Allyson, Marti, Nick and a DP and a set guy. The commentaries have been wonderful and an added bonus of Commentary Subtitles really really helps! There are two little easter eggs (one only works for PCs- BOO!) and a few other little bits- a funny thing about first jobs and dream jobs of the cast and crew tempers the terrible Doublemeat Palace episode, for example.
Also strangely enough there is an extra scene in the first ep (I checked my US tape and it WAS NOT shown here), and the full-length version of OMWF (hooray!) is included also. There may be more goodies, too, but I wanted to get this written in case you were sitting there with your holiday money burning a hole in your pocket....
You'll need an all-region DVD player (if you live in North America), but they can be had cheaply from Ebay and if you're technically minded you can make one yourself- techtv.com tells you how to make your XBox console into an all region player, even.
Anyway, it's grand and well worth the extra money if you're impatient like me.
on 30 January 2012
A new horror stalks Sunnydale : the spectre of East Enders. Gone is the inventive and swift-moving sense of fun that characterised the earlier seasons; instead we have long drawn out, nearly static, displays of misery for most of the characters, especially Buffy herself. Dreary soap opera has supplanted the clever genre-mocking tone of earlier episodes. Buffy's violent and abusive relationship with Spike (hitherto a source of almost constant, if ghastly, amusement) is a real downer, as is her fast food place of work (the unwelcome invasion of the real California into the fantasy). The crackle and humour of the scripts of seasons 1-5 is replaced by a pervasive gloom, with only occasional sallies of subversive wit. And the resident baddies, the nerd-troika, are an almost complete washout, even though they can actually make time run more slowly, if only for the viewer.

Of course there are occasional welcome returns to form, like the musical "Once More with Feeling" and "Tabula Rasa", and even the abortive wedding party in "Hell's Bells", but too much of this set is depressing dross. Happily things perk up considerably in Season 7, to make a brilliant and fitting conclusion to the series.
on 2 December 2007
I'm not in it for Buffy, I'm into Spike and as far as I am concerned this is the best season of Buffy, well apart from the Spike & DRu sessions in Season 2&3. I love the character development between Spike & Buffy and as far as I'm concerned even all those raunchy scenes are of themselves really interesting metaphors for how things are going for them "Out of high school" and into the "real" world...its actually one of my favorite seasons of Buffy and I can't imagine why anyone would write it off because its "different from other seasons"....if its not different after a while, there's no progress....why bother at all? Just replay SEason 1 over and over and over again....its original and Who doesn't want to see more of Spike in less clothes? :-)