Top critical review
One person found this helpful
Very poor focusing
on 21 June 2016
Had this camera for 2 years and I still swear at it every time I use it.
I have had many Canons over my life and usually been very happy.
This one is a stinker. Why?
(1) It is slow to take photos - Less a "point and click" more a "Point, click, wait, swear" as the auto focus invariably choses the wrong thing to focus on.
(2) If confused, the lens will default a mid setting, so in macro work will focus on the leaf behind the flower in the foreground. For distance work (air shows for example) it focuses at 2 to 5 meters rather then at infinity where the aircraft is.
(3) You can use the so called manual focus which involves rapidly rotating the control ring again and again, but if you drop back to Auto, you just lost your manual focus setting. When you go back to Manual, you have to rotate the wheel multiple times again.
(4) The manual white ballance also gives a bad result the first time you envoke it so you have to do it again.
(5) Try apeture priority? For some reason this will cause the image to be radically over exposed
(6) And it cannot render the colour purple, either... it comes out blue unless you correct it in Photoshop later.
(7) the jpegs are very grainy even at iso 100. According to some forums the setting is the equivalent of the "90%" setting in Photoshop. I would say it is worse
The images attached have been cropped to this size and not rescaled
All in all this is a very bad camera