TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 17 September 2017
Very easy to assemble, with clear and concise instructions.

I bought this simply because my desk is quite cluttered enough without having games consoles on it as well. This fits my needs perfectly. I was able to mount to consoles on the wall, within easy reach and without cluttering up valuable space. It holds my xbox 360 and xbox one without issue, and without strain. The cables tuck away on the sides of the upright under two plastic serrated fins. Once the glass shelves are added this is quite a heavy unit, so make sure that the wall you mount it on is able to take this and the added weight of whatever you add to it. We're fortunate that the walls are solid in this house, but our previous one would have been more of a challenge with plaster sheet and batten walls. Fixings are provided with this unit, so you can either use what is provided or set up something more suitable to your requirements.

Initially this does feel rather flimsy when you first unpack it, but once assembled it makes for a decent and firm mount for video, home cinema, game consoles or other similar items. There are only two shelves provided, and I can't honestly see any way that more could be added to this without crowding and over-loading it, so if you have multiple items you want to mount, I would suggest getting more than one unit.
on 4 August 2017
Quite flimsy but ok. Weight rating is conflicted. To make everything level it uses plates compressed between screws. The cable management edges are flexible but that makes them hard to align. Once assembled everything flexes while you set stuff up. I have three X 2 shelf units, 6 shelves total.

The box says holds 10kg, the product listing says one shelf holds 8kg. I don't know if this means 10kg total so 2kg on the remaining shelf??

My amp is over 9kg so I'm going for the optimistic interpretation.
on 2 October 2015
They're nice looking shelves for the money, and they fit with just 4 (deep) holes in the wall in a straight line.

The shelves themselves only have one quite weak central attachment, mainly they rely on gravity to keep them on the shelf holder - so don't have them where they're going to be nudged around. Also probably need to keep checking the shelf holders attachment to the vertical on the wall, as they're just held by how tightly they grip a plate behind - and if that loosens they could slip down.

The war story - the instructions say you will need an 8mm masonary drill bit to drill holes in the wall. Don't go and buy one (like we did!) before measuring the rawlplugs provided. Our Rawlplugs were 10mm across and so we needed to get a 10mm bit - after we'd extracted a very battered rawlplug from a much too tight hole.

Otherwise pretty straightforward.
on 19 December 2016
Shelves look good and easy to put together,, but the written instructions are very hard to read as the font is very tiny.. the plastic side attachments that hide the cables, are cheap and flimsy hard to attach properly and easily fall off..
They could do with a better Currier as they said the packed was delivered and was not,,, had a problem trying to sort that out... then when it was delivered it was to the wrong address and left outside..So 1 out of 5 for the delivery...they let the company down very badly
on 19 September 2016
Looks pretty good when installed but not of a fantastic quality. I bought a Vonhaus TV mount - it was excellent quality. Although this item is from the same company, it is not of the same quality. It is hard to get the glass shelves completely secure - they still move fairly easily when they should be more secure. Also, the heads of the supplied screws are very soft and easily rounded if you're not careful.

Does the job & for the price it's good.
on 12 January 2017
Really nice cosmetically, fully supportive shelf, solid fixings.
Two fiddly bits : firstly, the cable covers do not house the hdmi, cat6 ethernet and rf (aerial or satellite) cables easily as the slots through which the cables are meant to run are not large enough to support the level of flexibility of the appliance cables
secondly, it is relatively easy to accidentally tilt the shelf out of horizontal (which is always going to happen with glass fixings) but this can easily be tilted back to level again
Irrespective of these two negatives, this is a very very good, aesthetically pleasing and solid product
on 2 December 2014
This product is designed well and is easy to install for a person with basic DIY skills. The instructions are clear and once attached to the wall looks good. The shelf is a good size and can accomodate an XBox / Playstation easily, I used this product in my sons bedroom directly under a TV that is also attached to the wall and was an excellant space saving idea. One point to note when fixing the product to the wall if you are putting it directly below a TV, make sure you leave enough space between the bottom of the TV and the shelf to allow the shelf to slide up and down the guide to the desired height when a device is on the shelf. If you dont leave enough space you will not be able to slide the shelf up and down using its full adjustable range. As always with products that attach to the wall think about where the power cable and HDMI cables will go prior to fitting the product..
on 29 July 2017
I love buying VonHaus products.... Always quality. I still have my 1st purchase from 8yrs ago. Easy to put up, as long as you aren't doing riverdance on the shelf it will stay up. Instructions are not complicated as they give step by step guide to installation. All that you need (in my experience) comes with the kit. Delivery was great.
on 12 July 2015
This review is for the two shelf unit.

Very impressed with this VonHaus product. I wasn’t expecting much for £15, however this is a very well designed and stylish unit. Robust and easy to assemble/fit. I’ve no worries that it will support the 10kgs stated in the specs.

I got one set to mount my satellite box and centre speaker. Was so impressed got another to mount my Xbox and PlayStation!

Designer Habitat managed next day delivery, and on a Saturday morning too, for both deliveries.
on 20 September 2017
Only just been able to put this up and was disappointed to see one small part was the wrong size, possibly from a different shelf package. This meant I could only put one shelf on it which was not very good as it tilted forward slightly. The cable tidy parts are very flimsy and weak as well as not lining up very well when cables are hidden.

I am not novice at DIY being around the building trade most of my life, so it is not incorrectly put up, it just isn't a well made product from my own experience. I do not recommend this product at all.
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse