on 6 December 2015
When my daughter was about 3, this was my daughters favourite film and we would watch it daily, usually this is a bad thing, but i thoroughly enjoyed watching it with her.
Now at the age of 6 and with younger siblings, we have rediscovered the film again, and still love it just as much.
There are some catchy songs throughout, and plenty of humour. The characters are instantly likeable, especially the lovable rogue Flynn Rider.
There is also Pascal, Rapunzels friend/pet, who provides many little funny moments.
My daughter loves that Rapunzel has beautiful long, magic hair, for me I am a sucker for a love story.
There are many quotes that we have all picked up from this film 'frying pans, who knew right' and many moments that would make my daughter shout 'again again' whilst pointing the remote control in our faces.
This is a lovely film for all the family, well recommended.
on 17 April 2017
Another firm favourite from Disney.
4 people found this helpful
on 9 January 2017
I bought this as it was dubbed as a great Bru-ray to show off a 3d tv. It certainly didn't disappoint. The sharpness is amazing and the 3d effects worked very well. They were done in a natural way rather than just to show off what the graphics guys can do.
This comes as 2 discs - one 3d and the other regular with bonus features. The bonus features were a bit disappointing with a couple of foreign language songs and some general Disney showcasing. I had hoped for some outtakes or alternative scenes but unfortunately not.
on 27 July 2011
What can i say about this?

Well, after my disappointment at the Princess and the Frog, I wasn't sure that this film would impress me. But boy! I loved it so much!

The characters, much more realistic than your usual disney characters. A princess who can actually save herself! Along with a flawed, but hilarious male lead, a very clever horse and an adorable little chameleon. A scary bad guy (woman) who wont terrify your children! And the bandits are simply brilliant and funny.

A lovely story with some of the best music i've heard from Disney in a long time (it would have to be coming from Alan Menken!). The voice actors they chose were fantastic, Mandy Moore just has the sweetest talking voice, and a beatiful singing voice that your children would just love to sing along to (be warned!).

My only hang up would be the ending, which I wont go into detail (don't want to spoil it for anyone!) but it was probably the only bit that I wasn't happy about.

This was one of those films that I watched in the cinema in absolute wonder, I had tears in my eyes for a lot of this film because it was just so wonderful! I preordered it (something i almost never do with films) as soon as I possibly could, and when it arrived, I watched it 3 times in a row and loved every moment!

I would have liked to see Flynn get a song to himself, because as it is, he gets a tiny bit in the bandits song and then a duet with Rapunzel near the end, and I think he should have had his own song.

So all in all, a brilliant film from Disney! Well worth watching for kids and for adults...anyone really. Just sit back and enjoy!
2 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 5 August 2014
An excellent film that's not just for girls. My two sons enjoy the comedy, the baddies, and the comedy baddies. It's also good to see a female role model who is feisty, clever and independent. Maximums the horse thinks he's a dog and his scenes with Flynn are highlights every time.

There's everything in Tangled, from a gothic Baddie, to wholesome Goodies, lies, frying pans, piano playing outlaws and an ending that brought happy tears to my eyes (even though I kept telling myself it was a cartoon). The scene where Rapunzel dances in the town square with flowers in her giant plait is such a feel good moment I'm hard pushed to think of a happier one.
on 8 January 2017
I'm not usually a Disney fan. I watched this grudgingly one Christmas with the family and, surprisingly, liked it. It's funny, and I loved the interactions between Flynn and the horse (whose name I forget) maybe Maximus? The songs are annoyingly catchy and I find myself humming them after viewing it sometimes to my extreme frustration!
Basically a great movie for kids and people who are kids at heart. An updated take on Rapunzel that's well done.
on 4 January 2015
I'm a HUGE Disney fan and bought this to add to my collection.

This story is about a princess who was stolen by an evil woman when she was a baby.

The young lady is a princess, (but doesn't know it as the evil old woman has never told her), and on her journey for freedom she finds adventure and romance.

She's a princess with a difference, she has spirit, determination and is stubborn. You could say a modern day princess.

If you want a laugh then she's the princess for you. :-)

This animated film has everything a family film needs, even the adults will laugh, ( I know I did).

Highly Recommend this. :-)
on 30 June 2017
This is an amazing film! I don't care how old you are or what gender you are, you should definitely watch this film. It's so funny. Great for kids, the subtle innuendos and great writing make this a must-see movie even for adults.
on 30 September 2017
This was a Disney I had not come across before. I was pleasantly surprised to discover it was an update of the Rapunzel story. Disney have done a wonderful job in presenting a funny exciting story .
on 28 January 2016
A very goof twist on the Rapenzul fairy tale.
Disney are well known for their princesses and takes on classic tales.
At the time of watching and writing this I am a 29 year old man but I still enjoy watching this film with my wife or niece, though we bought it for ourselves to watch. The humor is good and remains so for everybody time and again, and the songs are catchy and fun to sing along with.
All in all this is a brilliant movie and is well worth having in your collection, adult or child