on 27 June 2016
Came within Amazon's allotted delivery time
Came in brand new condition without any scratches
Game Card had accounts but after examining the card itself there was no damage and it plays perfectly well as if it was brand new
Came with all the inserts and the promotional codes were untouched --> that made me happy
Came in typical Amazon packaging and was well protected
All in all this was a great buy as it was a game from my childhood

About the Game itself
I love all the puzzles
The artwork is lovely
There are animated parts that are simply astounding and dare I even say it on par with studio Ghibli animation in points
Musical sound tracks are gorgeous
Wonderful game and would recommend to everyone
VINE VOICEon 3 April 2015
This is another great game in the Layton stable. If you haven't come across Professor Layton before then the basic premise is that you have to solve puzzles to help professor Layton in his quest. There are enough puzzles to keep the most ardent of officionados happy. Some are fairly easy and others extremely tricky. The storyline alongside is good but a tad lengthy. Sometimes I felt it dragged which is why I have given four stars instead of five. I like the way Luke si introduced in this one and we get to know more about him. If you like puzzles I would definitely recommend this game.
2 people found this helpful
on 6 May 2017
Great game for the DS and for anyone looking for a puzzle game. The game takes you through a series of puzzle to solve an overall mystery which is the point of the game. The game is a bit addictive and one to revisit a few months after completing to do it all again! Good for young adults to older adults as some of the puzzles maybe a bit to difficult for the young generation.
One person found this helpful
on 19 January 2012
I've got them all so this one was a welcome addition to the family. There's a lot of 'movie' clips to try & keep the story going which I'm no really interested in and to be perfectly honest, I think the story line is very similar to all the rest. I get the Layton collection solely for the puzzles which range from very simple to extremely taxing so a good range for everyone. Whereas last time there was an extra little car mini puzzle, this time its a train and also a fish game and so far they've both proved too difficult for me but I'm starting again soon so I'll have a better attempt. If you love a good selection of puzzles then this is the one for you - Personally, I love all the Laytons and can play them over and over as they're long enough not to remember all the answers!
on 5 January 2012
Bought this for my significant other (the wife in old-speak). She loves it, says it's challenging enough but is achievable and is definitely entertaining. I have to agree that it's obviously engaging and, as others have said, provides periods of time where she's incommunicado. Whether that's a good thing, I shall leave the reader of this review to judge for themself.

I have had a little go myself and agree with her views. I would spend more time on it, but when I ask, I don't get any reply.
One person found this helpful
on 19 November 2012
I love Professor Layton games. I tend to pre-order them and sit on them for hours until completion. They are great quality with excellent puzzles. This one didn't disappoint. OK, so it's a bit repetitive like the others, but I play it for the challenge and mental work out, not the story or variety. I feel it's not suitable for a 7 year old, some of the puzzles would be too difficult and they'd struggle to complete it. As an adult, these games are my guilty pleasure and the only reason I still have a DS!
on 8 October 2016
Excellent game involving logical thinking, bought this one as a gift but my son loved his at the age of 8/9 years and still goes back to play now aged 12/13 years.
on 10 August 2017
Bought this for my mums birthday cause when I was younger we played it all the time together but it eventually broke but for her birthday I bought another for her and she loved it works really well with the 3DS
on 11 December 2016
Brilliant game overall. Opening exciting a good lot of cut scenes at the beginning. Layton is driving away from the college when Emmy his new assistant drives her scooter in front of the Layton mobile but that's all I'm telling you or else I'll spoil it. The game is quite gripping and exciting and I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
on 10 January 2012
I bought this for my girlfriend. She's a big fan of the series and was very excited when she found out about this one.

If you've played any of the games before you'll know what to expect. My girlfriend finished in it a couple of sittings, she couldn't put it down. In all maybe 10-12 hours of gameplay.

None of the puzzles are overly hard. You can buy hints with coins collected in game, so you rarely get stuck. It's even possible to avoid some of the puzzles and look for more coins if needed.

The story is charming as usual, with just slight hints that a Japanese studio produced it.

Personally I'd want a little more play for my pound, but it made my girlfriend happy and I couldn't ask for more than that.