on 1 June 2013
I bought this item based on the recommendations of other reviewers. I wish I hadn't.

The basic problem is that one the gel has been pressed against the keyboard keys it tends to get stuck underneath the keys themselves. For me, this meant that a large number of keys became glued down, eventually meaning I had to pry the keys off the keyboard completely in order to clean under them. Even now I have not managed to fully remove all the gel, meaning many of the keys are now sticky and unresponsive.

I would have given this item zero stars if that we're possible.

Avoid!!
23 people found this helpful
on 30 September 2013
This stuff is weird, but fantastic.

You have to use it with care. I'm a professional software engineer and my keyboard had become an embarrassment. It had to be cleaned or replaced and I decided to just try this stuff. It's a room temperature melting point gel, you leave it on the keyboard to "melt" down the side of the keys and then pull it off, all the dirt sticks to the gel and the keys are left clean. It's amazingly effective! You do have to be careful, if you let it melt too far it can go past the keys and then it may present issues. It's quite gelatinous so you'd need to leave it a while on a traditional keyboard, but it's very possible. Keep an eye on it, don't go and make a cuppa whilst leaving it. I'm also doing it in 22 degrees, if you are in a hot climate it could be quite fast to mold.

My board looks almost like new now and I've cleaned 2 others with the same pack. My only gripe, the packaging is all in Mandarin. When selling to the UK you should have the instructions in English. the product is impressive though!
6 people found this helpful
on 25 July 2013
I bought this as I wanted something to clean the keyboard on my laptop. It arrived weeks after I placed the order as it was coming from over sea's, which I did not know as it said delivery within 3-5 days. So anyway, when it arrived I struggled to get it out of the plastic packaging and when I had finally got it out I realised it had a very strong smell which was very off putting. Also it was a blue gel and not yellow (not that I imagine that makes any difference though). I rolled it over my keyboard and it was just breaking up in my hand and going everywhere so straight away I put it in the bin. Very disappointed with this product as I thought it would be great, I guess paying the cheaper price isn't the better option in this case.
3 people found this helpful
on 10 September 2013
This cleaner is part of a multi-layered approach. It cleans all dust and debris from the keyboard really well but is nigh on impossible to remove it once applied. It breaks apart far too easily and drips down into the gaps between the keys and stays there. Even after leaving my keyboard upside down for ages it still remains there. Some of it drips away but not all of it. Even after using a cocktail stick to pry it away it's still there. It just makes my keyboard look like it's part of the set of the new Ghostbusters film after having Slimer fly through it.

Update:

The company responded to my concerns quickly and professionally. I have no problems with them regarding this matter
2 people found this helpful
on 23 August 2015
Lasted a day and I threw both packs in bin. This is a rip of of 'Cyber Clean'. The gel had lumps in it as if not properly mixed and small parts would come away even in the hand. It flows too easily if rested on the laptop and like other users had a nasty experience of the gel trying to get under keys of my £3000 macbook pro. Binned it and bought Cyber Clean.
One person found this helpful
on 27 June 2013
I would not buy this regularly due to the price but that's just me, I liked the product, however and will be buying it again when I use mine up fully, it picks up all the dirt and leaves no residue, even used it on my screen and it works wonders on fingerprint grease and other dust.
on 31 January 2016
Does the job marvellous value
on 25 April 2015
It works but It's a hassle getting it out of the packet then it getting stuck in the keyboard. Your better off using a paintbrush to clean your keyboard.
on 2 March 2016
works well very clever idea
on 13 August 2013
which rather surprises ! Lifted the small bits of dust, fluff and crumbs. What it won't do is clean any 'dirty finger' marks on the keys.
Still a useful tool