• Customer reviews

on 29 June 2013
This is fantastic for my autistic son as he hated the shower before now he can't wait to get in :-)
30 people found this helpful
on 25 January 2016
This is a fun piece of equipment, although it hasn't lasted! This is the second one we have bought. The colours do stand out as in the picture however after a week or two's worth of use the LED effect stops working (this has happened both times). To begin with if you shake the shower head or hit it against something then the LED comes back for a bit but sadly doesn't last. It has continued to work perfectly well as a normal showerhead though. However it is a fun and novel way of getting kids who don't like bathtimes to enjoy them a bit more than usual!
on 28 October 2016
Unfortunately, I should have read other reviews, but seeing as it was so cheap I didn't bother. Otherwise I would have discovered, like others, that normally electric showers won't cut it for water pressure. There's a quick blink on initial flow and that's it. Also, if how this works is correct, then if your area is prone to limescale, I would suspect it's going to fail pretty quickly anyway as it's only a small turbine spinning generating the current, so it's going to clog up sooner rather than later in my personal opinion.
on 18 February 2017
Ordered this shower head last night, it arrived first thing this morning! ( love my Prime) . within a minute if opening the box, I attatched it to my shower and off it went! it's exactly as described. It's smaller than the shower head I was replacing but still works brilliantly and the colour light show makes up for it. The kids love it and have already argued over who's having the 1st 'unicorn' shower! I'm guessing my gas bill is going to be shy high... HA!!!
on 11 September 2013
A little bit of frippery for the kid in all of us!

I came across this showerhead when looking for a replacement for other bathroom related gubbins. I couldn't resist, it looked like a bit of fun at a cheap price. It arrived today and I couldn't wait to try it after the reviews I'd read. It was installed within seconds and it worked! The colours change at a nice pace (but I appreciate others seem to have units that change too quickly). I don't have any great hopes for it's longevity, but it was hardly what you'd called a 'considered purchase' :-D

I haven't mentioned it to him indoors, so it'll be interesting to see what he has to say when he has his shower this evening. I suspect these may feature as stocking fillers this year, makes a change from a bag of nuts and raisins!
on 4 November 2017
My son has special needs, and when he is overwhelmed and needs some time to relax, I grab a handful of glow sticks, throw them in a shallow bubble bath, put some music on and have a disco bath! The lights in this shower head are perfect and it keeps him distracted while we wash hair etc. Excellent, could not be without this.
on 31 December 2015
The lights are great fun but this is nowhere near is free-flowing as the one it replaced. We seldom used the power-shower above half power with the previous head but find this needs a significantly higher setting for the same flow. It is really cheap though and it has lights - yay!
As you turn up the power you go from slow-moving, dim red lights up to a bright multi-coloured frenzy at full power.
on 28 September 2016
This item looked cool online and for a pound what was the harm. Even tho it was only a pound I would have still liked it to have arrived for me to try it out and see if it looked as cool as it did in the pics in my shower.
on 22 June 2015
I bought the round one 4 months ago. For £4 i was not expecting a very good quality but I was wrong. OK, it is not top of the range or the best built. BUT it is excellent for £4. So far all the lights have worked, Kids LOVE it. They even like to have main bathroom lights off to enjoy these changing lights. Only draw back is loss of water pressure as compared to our previous larger head shower.
Would I buy it again? Yes definitely for the kids shower room.
on 12 January 2017
Good flow of water but the lights flash in different colours almost like a mini disco, which wasn't quite what I'd expected.

Also the lights aren't overly bright so you would need your bathroom light on as usual.. meaning you don't really notice the flashing lights.

It's a clever concept but sadly not as relaxing as I'd hoped.