on 19 December 2011
Absolutely fantastic DLP projector, stunning 2D, but I'm unable at present to check out it's 3D capability as I have no 3D-RF glasses. Lack of Vert/Horiz lens shift means it a bit fiddly to set up properly, it does have a zoom function but it doesn't cover a particularly large range. I've paired it with an imported Oppo BDP-93 (Hardware Modified Region Free Blu-Ray Universal Player) from seller MULTI-SYSTEM CORPORATION, which is proving excellent!

Make sure you know what you are getting from the particular seller if you decide to purchase the Optoma HD33 projector through Amazon.co.uk. I just assumed I was getting UK stock which should come with an RF emmitter, and one pair of Optoma 3D-RF glasses, as per all the UK magazine reviews for the HD33.

I was disappointed that the HD33 I purchased from HiFiHeadGear (with fulfillment by Amazon), didn't come with any 3D-RF glasses. Investigation showed I'd been supplied with imported US/Canada stock. However HiFiHeadGear promptly remedied the problem by sending me the missing 3D-RF glasses free of charge, good recovery.

Also be aware that this Christmas the are some supply shortages on the Optoma 3D-RF glasses for this product in the UK (Note that these glasses are just rebranded MonsterVision MAX 3D Glasses). Official Optoma retailers who do have stock, have refused to sell them to me unless I buy a Optoma projector from them at the same time!

Further investigation indicates that the Optoma HD33 is probably identical to the cheaper UK, Optoma HD300X 1080p 3D Digital Light Processing Projector, despite the minor attempt by Optoma-UK to differentiate the machines by altering the published model specs. The price difference between the HD33 and the HD300X seems to be due to body colour, warranty and bundled extras. Whether or not these differences are worth the additional £350 charged for the HD33 is a personal judgement?
on 21 March 2016
Excellent "home cinema" projector. It is not a presentation or a pico projector, nor is it marketed as such. It's a shame to see clowns like the guy above giving a two star review because he failed to research his purchase. This type of PJ is not designed to have internal speakers. Pair it with a good receiver and it will shine.

I 100% recommend this Optoma to anyone with half a brain who realises that it is a 'part' of a home cinema setup, not a standalone projector for business use.

10/10
on 5 May 2014
The image is spectacular
There is no internal speaker.
No sound outputs so here is a delay when using sound from the "source2.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse